First adult passport skype interviews

Home Forums COVID-19 First adult passport skype interviews

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Shannon81x
    Participant

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone has had a skype interview for first adult passport and actually received their passport. I’m due to travel on 2nd September. (booked November last year.) Applied for passport on 10th April 2020. Was told if I call up two weeks before I’m due to travel they will expedite my application. Not sure if I believe this. Thanks for any replies.

hmrog16
    Participant

How long did it take you to get an interview? Have you had any news?

hanah1995
    Participant

@shannon we’re going on holiday on the 1st September so just one day before you. They told me too to call back 14 days before our holiday and that they’ll help us out. I’d keep calling them everyday , we also emailed our local MP and she send a email on our behalf to the home office . Give it a go x

Shannon81x
    Participant

@hmrog16 Still no interview yet. Wednesday 19th will be two weeks before I’m due to travel so will call up then and see how it goes from there.

Shannon81x
    Participant

@hanah1995 I’ve spoke to them a few times on twitter and called a couple of times. Get the same response everytime. Just keep telling me to get in touch two weeks before travel and they’ll take it from there. Let me know how you get on if you don’t mind and I’ll do the same.

hmrog16
    Participant

@shannon81x we’re due to fly in a week, after extensive phone calls we eventually got the email to get a Skype interview and a few calls later we got a response the same day we emailed. booked an interview for Monday to get passport by the time we fly on Saturday! Once within 2 weeks they sort it out but you have to speak to customer services/complaints.

hanah1995
    Participant

It’s 14 days before we fly out so I called them up first thing this morning and the lady was really helpful and started my escalation process, she said someone will now call me back within 48 hours to discuss the next steps. Hoping and praying we get this passport before we fly! Has anyone else gone through the escalation process, how long did it take and did you actually receive your passport on time before the 14 days??

Shannon81x
    Participant

Hi, so I DM’d HMPO on Twitter this morning and got a reply to say that they had passed on my information to colleagues dealing with my application. Got a call at lunch time to tell me my application was with an examiner and that someone would call me between 6pm and 10pm this evening. Have everything crossed that they’ll offer me a skype interview and that this can be sorted out before I’m due to travel.

hanah1995
    Participant

Aww amazing! What did you say to them to make them reply so quickly ? I called them this morning at 8am and still waiting for a call back! Really hoping everything gets sorted so we can pack our suitcases and enjoy the lead up to the holiday without all of this worry

Shannon81x
    Participant

I just told them I’m at the two week point before I’m due to go on holiday and asked if they could start the expedition process. The guy who replied said he’d passed on the information and a couple of hours later I got the call telling me an examiner would call tonight. I’m still freaking out though lol won’t be happy til I have the passport in my hands.

hanah1995
    Participant

@shannon hey Shannon, was there any update ? Did they call back and what did they say? Sorry for being so nosey, trying to find out as much info as I can lol

Shannon81x
    Participant

@hanah1995 They didn’t call back! So annoyed! I’m hoping they’ll call me today. I’ll maybe send another DM or phone them after work. Such a pain.

hanah1995
    Participant

It’s an absolute nightmare , they didn’t call me yesterday either so hoping they call today too, I’m just gna keep calling them and telling them I NEED this passport as I’m going away in 13 days!! Someone on twitter told me to email them my proof of flight before they call so when they do they’ve already got it to hand. He says it takes about 7 days to receive the passport after Escalation process starts .

hmrog16
    Participant

@Shannon81x I went through the same process, interview was Monday 11:45. I called up all the time on the 03001231973 number the Friday before and ended up with A call back about the interview the same day I sent an email in with all my supporting documents to interview hub. Flying 22nd, fingers crossed.

Passport printed and sent 9:44am on 19 August 2020
    Application approved 2:25pm on 17 August 2020
    Application being processed 1:17pm

Shannon81x
    Participant

@hmrog16 Brilliant! Fingers crossed you get your passport in time. I just got a call back there about half an hour ago and emailed my documents to them to pass on to the interview hub. What proof did you send? I sent my ATOL certificate with my flight dates and stuff and my insurance document. He said it can take up to 48 hours to get the call for an interview. I have everything crossed!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.