Honeymoon panic, please help!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Honeymoon panic, please help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    doomkittycleo
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m currently anxiously awaiting my passport after applying for a post dated one to travel on my honeymoon in my married name.

The wedding is on the 28th May and the honeymoon is on the 31st May.

After weeks of chasing the registration service and my GP practice to see how I can get my covid pass changed to my married name immediately after the wedding (as marriages are now posted and not provided on the day). I finally got a sympathetic manager at the registry office who has agreed for me to have an appointment with him on the 30th May to collect marriage certificate in person (allowing my GP to update my details and therefore also my covid pass).

I applied for the new passport on the 13th Feb (at which time the average wait was 4-5 weeks). Royal Mail said the documents were received on the 25th Feb, but they didn’t show as revived on the tracker until the 3rd March.

It continued to say documents received until the 4th April since which time it has said “being processed”. I have phoned a couple of times to check that all my documents are in order and been told they would have told me within (can’t remember properly, whether she said 2 weeks or 2 days) if there was a problem with my documents.

Last time I spoke to them they just said it’s not 10 weeks yet and to just be patient.

I am already stressed out to high heavens about the wedding, and do not need to be worrying about getting my passport back in time for the wedding (we’ve gone to a lot of trouble to arrange a week of childcare for us to have this honeymoon and it’s cost a lot more than our usual holidays would).

Can someone please reassure me that I will have half a chance of getting this resolved (either because it actually gets to the top of the pile, or by paying to use the new upgrade service [which I would do begrudgingly if it’s after 10 weeks]).

This is completely ruining the run up to my wedding 😞.

I’ve contacted my MP as well, but not heard back from her as of yet.

BenjyLFC10
    Participant

My partner sent her renewal off at begin March, we had to wait for form signed by registrar as booked in married name as go after wedding in June. It was signed for early March but not showing received until early April, she now panicking if 10 weeks from then as be middle of our honeymoon! been told about the upgrade service too but not price, this falls on Queens Jubilee week also 😳 still just says pending in tracker! My sons new one was only a few weeks.

Stp
    Participant

Do you know which office yours is at?
    Times will depend on which office but from what I’ve seen most are in processing for around 6 weeks at the moment.

I’d say yours should be accepted around mid May but I’d be ready to contact the upgrade team if it gets to 2 weeks before

BenjyLFC10
    Participant

sounds very similar to our, they signed for docs early March but not on tracker til early April 😳 my 2 year old sons new application went at same time and we got his back weeks ago! My fiancée has called many times and they were shocked been 9 weeks now with nothing, we will have to ring upgrade earlier as ours falls at start of jubilee week 😱

BenjyLFC10
    Participant

sounds very similar to ours (wedding 11th June, fly 13th early!), they signed for docs early March but not on tracker til early April 😳 my 2 year old sons new application went at same time and we got his back weeks ago! My fiancée has called many times and they were shocked been 9 weeks now with nothing, we will have to ring upgrade earlier as ours falls at start of jubilee week 😱

BenjyLFC10
    Participant

partner had call to tell her failed on photo which we expected but she lost call and no email with link to upload new 😳 any direct number or email for Peterborough? 🙏🏼

Bimbo
    Participant

That’s tight – I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Also, why so complicated? You can travel on your maiden name. I did the same, until I had my new passport with my new name, I booked all the flights on my maiden and traveled on it. Why would you book flights with the name you don’t even have yet. Just book with your maiden name and exchange passport whenever you had nothing planned. Easy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.