Horrendous experience feel so low.

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Horrendous experience feel so low.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Twobob
    Participant

Applied for online renewal on jan 21
    Old Passport got lost in post sending to them
    Told to Cancel passport
    Was told don’t have to do anything more
    2 weeks later found out this was untrue i had to send lost ref number to them with written signed note. This too did not arrive. Sent again another 3 weeks went by and they received this and marked the application documents received.
    3 days later goes into processing application on 30th march.
    Been waiting since 30th march for processing application after 10s of phone calls got nowhere.
    Due to go away on 4th june. My kids and partner and her grandparents will all go without me on their first holiday abroad. I feel so low over all this its broken me. I know its just a holiday but i wont see them for 3 weeks and its going to be unbearable. Tried explaining to different helpline people and it just sounds like im making lies up.
    Today i asked about upgrade fast track and lady said she would get them to phone me but cant guarentee it, i have to go to the office and they will turnaround in 7 days? Is this the upgrade? Im worried now its not going to process if the upgrade team is meant to call me

max1978
    Participant

Did you take a note of reference number? Call & ask to speak to progress team & make them put the reference number on application as that’s probably what’s holding it up

Twobob
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Max, you must know your stuff as funny enough i rang again today and the lady said there is no lost ref number on your application, even though i sent it she spent a good 10 mins updating the application with an explaination and the ref number. Has made me feel a bit more reassured something might happen soon. She also said i can ask for a upgrade within 3 weeks of travel i have heard on here its only 2 weeks so wonder if its been tweaked.

max1978
    Participant

I only found this out yesterday as had a spare hour to sit on hold 🤦🏼‍♀️ Hopefully you’ll be ok. I was also under the impression it’s 14 days before travel time unless like you said they have changed that. Fortunately I still have 7 weeks until I fly but I didn’t want to take anything to chance.

Susie1967
    Participant

Now I’m worried! I applied for my passport on 11 March. I had also lost my old passport, so I cancelled it just before applying for a new passport. My passport application has been showing as processing since 21 March, and I received a message saying that my old passport was cancelled on the 25th of March. Do I have to advise the passport office of the cancellation reference? I have tried calling the passport office several times, but after sitting on hold for a while (being told there is only a 10 minute wait time), I then get told that there is nobody to take my call and get cut off! I’m flying to Italy on 28 May, and am beginning to get stressed as my application has been showing as ‘Processing’ for over a month 😖

max1978
    Participant

Yes they need this reference number. Try the Newport office 01633 285419

Susie1967
    Participant

Thanks Max, trying now. Might be on hold for a while though 🙄

max1978
    Participant

It took me an hour after getting moved to different departments & waiting, ask to speak to the progress team

Susie1967
    Participant

Thanks so much Max for the number for the Newport office. 1 hour and 16 minutes later, and I’ve spoken to 2 different people and provided them with my lost passport reference number. Now I guess it’s just a matter of keeping my fingers crossed 🤞

Twobob
    Participant

Good luck all, i feel they need to have a separate department for people who have been waiting more than 2 months with lost or issues that could hold it up. We are paying customers and this is unacceptable for such an important document to get passed around call centers of people that tell you different things.

max1978
    Participant

Good luck Susie
    Yea I totally agree twobob or we should be at least notified of what the issue is so we know what we need to rectify

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.