Hi, How Can We Help You?

How long did your Postal Child Renewal Take?

How long did your Postal Child Renewal Take?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion How long did your Postal Child Renewal Take?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lauramaria23
    Participant

Im feeling very stressed about my children’s passport renewals. Initially I thought I had lots of time but after reading this forum I am not hopeful. I did check and send at the post office with my son’s paper renewal 7 weeks before travel and 6 weeks 6 days before travel for my daughters.

The lady at the counter told me that they were taking around 5 weeks to come back or that’s what passport office were telling them, she actually then said it normally takes 3 weeks but they are giving themselves an extra 2 just incase. Thought I was okay and be no issue until I read about everyone’s problems here.

My son’s was sent on 12th April and I only got the text to say it had been received a week later on the 19th April. My daughter’s was sent on 13th April and I so far no text to say it has been received.

Has anyone else done a paper renewal and how long did it take? Do you know if they start processing it as soon as they text you?

Lauramaria23
    Participant

I’m assuming no one else has done a paper renewal?

amber9514
    Participant

Hi I did the same as you, when I asked the post office how long they are taking I was told 3 weeks, also this was written on the receipt. I sent my daughters off on the 23rd March and they signed for it on the 1st and marked as received on the 2nd of April. I am still in the stage of documents received, haven’t even entered the processing stage. I’m going to have to do the 2 week upgrade next week as I really don’t hold out on them sorting it in time for us going away on the 15th may. What office has yours gone to? Soon as I get any updates I will post back. Fingers crossed.

amber9514
    Participant

I got a text on the 1st of April to say they received the document, when I did the tracking it says they received them on the 4th, which makes no sense to me.

Lauramaria23
    Participant

Goodness that is bad news. I have no idea what office mine has gone too. How did you track yours? I looked it up and said you can only ask after 3 weeks. I would love to see what stage mine is at. Seems to be hit and miss. Some people are lucky and get renewals after a few weeks whereas others get stuck in the system.

Good luck with the upgrade office, that’s a whole different level of stress altogether. I’m hoping I at least get one soon so only have to upgrade one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.