How long from Approved until they Send Passport?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion How long from Approved until they Send Passport?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

I’ve just had my passport application approved – do you know how long it should now take to arrive? I’ve booked an emergency appointment in Liverpool (I live near Brighton) for Thursday as passport service were giving me the runaround on when I should get my passport. I don’t know whether to wait for the other passport to arrive or drive up to Liverpool for my appointment on Thursday. Any guidance? Thanks

HLK
    Participant

I had a similar dilemma. My application was submitted 17 Feb and approved on 21 March and then no update until today. I was a little panicked as we travel on the 10th April so last week booked a fast track apt as a backup for tomorrow. After a few phone calls the status of my application has moved to printed today with a delivery date of Weds this week on TNT website. So I plan to cancel my apt tomorrow. Had I not received the printed update today I would have gone to fast track. When do you travel?

Sarahinf
    Participant

22/03 approved still nothing. I don’t know if I should call them again or not. They say it takes 1 weeks. So according to that I should get a notification today. But I’m not sure.

kaybas
    Participant

Mine got approved yesterday and I just randomly looked on TNT tracking and it said it’s being delivered today!? We shall see!!

kaybas
    Participant

Sorry no that’s wrong.. I meant to say it got printed yesterday. It got approved on 21/3

Sarahinf
    Participant

Kaybas did you get any update from TNT ???

Vee1983
    Participant

Took 8 days from approved to being delivered for my son’s passport

Cobie
    Participant

I am in a similar situation too and starting to panic now!

Application went in 7th Feb
    After loads of messing around and no end of phone calls I received a call on Friday 25th to say they had passed it and I should receive it before my holiday – Saturday 2nd!!!
    Still had no update on the tracking system and spoke to an agent today who said it was printed and on it’s way to me? I’ve had no tracking update or anything and really stressing now as will be losing a lot of money if it doesn’t turn up in time!

Anyone had similar?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Cobie.
    Sarahinf
    Participant

Is it updated on your HMPO timeline tracking? It should be “has been printed”

Cobie
    Participant

No update on tracking yet but when I spoke to the agent on the phone he said it was printed on 25 and on the way. Now starting to wonder if he just said that to get me off the phone!

alk01
    Participant

Does anyone know if when your passport has been printed, you can do to the passport office it is at and pick it up rather than waiting for tnt to deliver?

Sarahinf
    Participant

Cobie

You know what they did the same thing to us. They told us it’s approved and on it’s way to printing. We made travel plans and all. Then we called again just to see why it’s not updated on the system. Then someone else answered and said it’s not approved and its actually on stage 1 and flagged because of an issue. We were Angry sad and heart broken. We called over and over again. Waited hours and hours on call just to get disconnected. Somehow after 1 month long chasing we got it approved. So call them until you get it. Good luck

Sarahinf
    Participant

alk11

I’m not sure. We were trying to do the same because we need the passport urgently.

djbdane
    Participant

I’ve just had my passport application approved – do you know how long it should now take to arrive? I’ve booked an emergency appointment in Liverpool (I live near Brighton) for Thursday as passport service were giving me the runaround on when I should get my passport. I don’t know whether to wait for the other passport to arrive or drive up to Liverpool for my appointment on Thursday. Any guidance? Thanks

It took 10 days from my application being approved until I had the passport in ny hand – if yours has been approved it’s probably gone for printing and unless someone has twigged you’ve got an appointment on Thursday it’s probably gone to ‘central print’ which is in Durham. So you really need to try and speak to them before travelling up there as I suspect there is a real possibility it could well be a wasted journey.

bbmilt
    Participant

Still waiting for delivery but now one step closer. Just had update that ours was printed today after approval on the 25th. Hanging on. Practically having heart palpitations!! Need it by 7th April.

Here’s my timeline so far:

Passport printed 11:43am on 30 March 2022
    Application approved 3:06pm on 25 March 2022
    Documents [old passport] received 2:36pm on 1 March 2022
    Application received 6:42pm on 17 February 2022
    Identity details received 6:42pm on 17 February 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 5:45pm on 17 February 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 3:09pm on 17 February 2022
    Application submitted 3:09pm on 17 February 2022

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.