Identity Interview required….but no way to book one!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Identity Interview required….but no way to book one!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Spot13
    Participant

Application for a first adult passport. Documents received 25/2/2022 and processing from 11/3/2022. Last week I was asked to call to make an appointment for an identity check interview but despite many calls I am always informed that there are no free appointments and that the system hasn’t been capable of making any for some time. The advise is always to keep ringing back and try to get a cancellation. There is no knowledge of when the system will be fixed. I am therefore in limbo. They have asked me to do something which isn’t possible. How can that be acceptable? I can’t keep ringing constantly on the hope of a cancellation. Now I have no idea of how long the passport will take to arrive. I have tried general phone number but remain of hold for ages and then they cut me off. How can I actually speak to someone who can help?? Does anyone have any advice? This is an extremely frustrating and stressful process. Thanks

musashi
    Participant

Hi Spot13,

I received an email, requesting me to do the same.
    There was also this:

If the appointment line is busy, email your name and phone number to portsmouthCSN @ homeoffice.gov.uk and we’ll call you.

Send an email to that email address (remove the spaces before and after the @), with

– full name
    – phone number
    – PEX application number (important)

Somebody from the Interview Booking Office should get in touch within 72 hours.

Please, also notice that their call will be from a private number.

Hope this helps.

All the best (to all of us tangled in this malarchy 🙂 ).

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by musashi.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by musashi.
    Spot13
    Participant

Thank you. I didn’t get an email, only a text. But I did finally get some luck on the call this morning and have been able to book an appointment! The call handler said their system has been down for two weeks and they have been unable to book during that time. It is now working again, what a relief! So for anyone else this is a good time to call them.

musashi
    Participant

You are welcome. I think all their systems, at every step, are so overloaded for now, that it’s really a matter of luck to get through.

I hope the interview + approval + passport printing + delivery don’t take forever… but it will probably take longer than what it usually does.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.