Inconsistent application timelines

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Inconsistent application timelines

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    JoeyFox1
    Participant

HI all,

Below is my application timeline for adult renewal for a lost or stolen passport, I’ve seen that some have applied for adult renewals after my submission date and have had their new ones delivered within 2weeks?

This looks like my application hasn’t even been accepted yet? Any idea why?

I have spoken to the management team and they can’t progress any faster or upgrade the application as it hasn’t been 6 weeks.

Application history

Identity details received 11:27am on 3 June 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 11:15am on 3 June 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 11:09am on 3 June 2022
    Application submitted 11:09am on 3 June 2022

Looks like I’m going to miss my holiday for next weekend, would have never applied for a renewal this close to holidays or during this period but when the passport is lost it seems like it’ll take a lot longer to get a new one.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by JoeyFox1.

Upsidedown
    Participant

Welcome to HMPO limbo land. It is 19 weeks since submitting our straightforward overseas application for first time passports. There is no rhyme or reason for how long it takes. That’s what makes it the most frustrating. I wish you luck and hope you get to have your holiday.

mags168
    Participant

I’m in the same situation!
    I applied for a lost and stolen passport over 5 weeks ago and its been stuck on ‘identity details received’ stage.

I saw something online that this may be a glitch in the system and that the application has actually been processed. But I’ve not managed to get anyone on the phone who can confirm this

Is anyone else having a similar problem. Supposed to be going on holiday on the 18th July so was wondering if anyone new how I could speed up the process?

Application History
    Status
    Identity details received 10:06pm on 24 May 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 8:10pm on 24 May 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 10:12pm on 23 May 2022
    Application submitted 10:12pm on 23 May 2022

Helly87
    Participant

I am have been waiting 12 weeks for an adult renewal in the uk 😭 still nothing

Helena
    Participant

Similar, lost child passport. Did a child renewal at same time and came back quickly.

Travelling 20th July. Is it worth calling for appointment now i.e. prior to 2 weeks travel?

Identity details received 12:52am on 10 May 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 12:56pm on 6 May 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 12:49pm on 6 May 2022
    Application submitted 12:49pm on 6 May 2022

Helena
    Participant

Also, getting organised, which number is best to call to get appointments. I can travel to London and be there early

sofrustrated
    Participant

Similar situation. I applied for my child’s first passport at the start of May (and they took the money for it fast enough) but our tracking didn’t show ‘documents received’ until May 24th (three weeks after I sent them). It’s been stuck there ever since.

Meanwhile, sister in law applied for first passport for her child FOUR WEEKS after we did, yet theirs has already been processed and received.

Ridiculous.

Helen_Minnie
    Participant

I’m in the same situation. Did anyone receive an email from HMPO saying they have received their application for a replacement lost/stolen passport? They took my money (£85) and my referee filled in the digital form he received so I’m hoping it went through.

Identity details received 1:36pm on 6 June 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 1:18pm on 6 June 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 1:16pm on 6 June 2022
    Application submitted 1:16pm on 6 June 2022

I fly on August 16. It’s been 4 weeks and my application hasn’t progressed. It doesn’t say my application has been received or is in process. I have 6 weeks to go. I haven’t been able to get through to anyone on the helpline. I did speak to someone in the lost/stolen department and she transferred me, but I’ve been waiting in the queue for 50 mins.

I was told previously that after 6 weeks it’s possible to withdraw an application and move to the expedited service, but I see the website for the Fasttrack service is down. 🙁

wanting3
    Participant

It’s pretty normal for you to not hear anything. They will only update you if they need more information or when it’s approved. The whole tracking system is a joke though and it would help so many if they put something useful on the tracker like “waiting for examination” or “going through digital checks” just so you know where you were at and it’s at least being dealt with. When it gets to 6 weeks and you are flying within 2 weeks you can ring and ask to upgrade. There will be a fee if you’ve been waiting less than 10 weeks but you can request an upgrade and you’ll be contacted or if that doesn’t happen then you can turn up to your local office 48 hours before travel. Hope you get an update soon

2022Lils
    Participant

I’m in the same situation. I applied for my renewal passport after reporting my lost passport on 18th May. It’s been stuck on Identity details received ever since and it’ll be 7 weeks this week.

I managed to get on the web chat and whilst I told that my application is still waiting to be looked at they were able to tell me that I would need to submit a new passport photo. However, I cannot submit my new photo until they contact me. My advice would be if you can, try get on the web chat as you may be given the reason as to why your application is stuck where it is. It’ll say it’s busy the web chat but preserve. At least I know now and I have a new photo ready to upload. Just a waiting game as to when they’ll contact me asking for the new photo! Hope this helps anyone in similar situations.

Application history

StatusDate
    Identity details received 10:34am on 19 May 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 6:16pm on 18 May 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 6:11pm on 18 May 2022
    Application submitted 6:11pm on 18 May 2022

Chris F
    Participant

I finally have my child renewal passport.

I applied for two child renewals via the post office check and send process on 11th April. One of the passports came back after 2 weeks (Fantastic) but the other one took just over 12 weeks, and that was with me pushing the passport office and escalating to my MP at 10 weeks.

I think the application still would not have been processed if I had not escalated to my MP.

There is just no consistency with applications, they are either completed very quickly or very slowly, there seems to be no middle ground.

I wish all of those still chasing passports the best of luck in receiving their passports in time.

See you all in 5 years when these passports are due for renewal !

Passport printed 5:38am on 4 July 2022
    Application approved 10:35am on 1 July 2022
    Documents received 10:11am on 28 April 2022
    Application received 6:00pm on 11 April 2022
    Identity details received 6:00pm on 11 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 4:36pm on 11 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 2:38pm on 11 April 2022
    Application submitted 2:38pm on 11 April 2022

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.