Is Replacement slower than renewal/new

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Is Replacement slower than renewal/new

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    France22
    Participant

I applied online under Lost/Stolen/Damage section. (Mine is dog chewed) looking at timelines lots of renewals are 3 weeks. I applied 4 weeks ago. Docs received 2 weeks, nothing since. Does it take longer. Anyone else in this situation?

davbell87
    Participant

We are waiting on a renewal and it’s been 7 weeks so far and still waiting. We applied on March 23rd and it moved to “application being processed” on March 31st.

davbell87
    Participant

To add it’s a renewal of a lost passport. Have you had confirmation your previous one has been cancelled?

You will get an email saying damaged one is officially cancelled with a reference number. You won’t move into processing until they confirm this.

France22
    Participant

To add. Not had confirmation of cancellation.

France22
    Participant

@davbell87.
    Thanks for info. No not any ref no or contact. Really thought it wouldn’t be long

davbell87
    Participant

It took about 3 weeks after applying for us to get the cancellation ref for the old passport. Main thing to look out for is moving to “your application is being processed”. It will move to that stage once all initial checks etc have been done.

Bare in mind for replacements I’ve been quoted that the “processing stage” at the moment is 6-9 weeks. Then after that an additional 2 weeks for printing and delivery.

France22
    Participant

Thanks for update.

France22
    Participant

Update. Managed to get call transferred to progress team. Very nice person who took some notes and said in queue to be examined as replacements in different section. It appears all in order just to wait and apply for update next week if nothing changed. 🤔

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.