Linking passport applications to share documents

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Linking passport applications to share documents

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    wanting3
    Participant

I applied for 3 passports. 1 adult renewal with a name change and 2 child 1st passports. The adult passport was approved last Tuesday and printed on Thursday. Yesterday I got an email stating I need to provide proof of my name change for one of the child’s passports. As I don’t have my name change document I can’t send it in so I was advised after calling to send a cover letter asking for my application to be linked with my sons so they can use the same document. They also said I’d get a callback. Has anyone had any success with getting applications linked? The strange thing is though my other sons passport got approved 2 hours after I was asked to send proof of name change for the other! How can the documents be right for one but not for the other?

ghummy
    Participant

Hi

did you get anywhere with this.

we are in the same boat, in fact, exactly the same boat.

wifes application is in Bootle with name change request with original marriage cert

daughters is in Hemel Hempstead and been asked to provide marriage cert.

on the phone advised to send a cover letter to link both applications, just wanted to hear if you had any joy.

wanting3
    Participant

Hi, I did. I spoke to the progress team on Monday who said they will add a note to try and link them but might not be able to as mine had already been approved. Apparently a certain time after approval they move the data to another system so they can’t link documents and applications. They said if they couldn’t I would still be required to send in the document once I received it back. Luckily I got a text on Tuesday to say the application had been approved so I assume they managed to link them. Passport arrived today. My advice would he speak to the progress team as they were really helpful and could actually see my applications. There was no need to send a cover letter. Hopefully yours gets resolved too

ghummy
    Participant

thank you so much

is there a different contact number for the progress team?

the generic enquiry line i spoke with advised of a cover letter and were not able to help any further.

wanting3
    Participant

Not that I’m aware of. The first time I rang up I was told the same as you. I then tried again the next day and spoke to someone much more helpful. She took all my details and arranged a call back. I was called 24 hours later I believe you can ask to be put through when you speak to an advisor or just ask to have a call back. The problem with the advisors on the phone is that they can’t access your application and some are more helpful than others.

ghummy
    Participant

thank you, this is very helpful

on your advice i called again and asked to be put through to the progress team.

spoke to someone very helpful who just “thats no problem, we just need to link the applications”

a call back has been booked, fingers crossed.

wanting3
    Participant

That’s great news. Hope it gets sorted quickly for you. They do seem to be progressing things pretty quick at the moment

ghummy
    Participant

An update to this.

Wifes application approved. Within 3 weeks. Not bad

Finally a call back today, put through to another team, 48 mins on hold. They have now linked daughters application to mothers

Fingers crossed

ghummy
    Participant

just to put a close to this, if anyone was following and was in the same boat

daughters application approved at 9am this morning, sent for printing.

wifes delivered yesterday.

both application submitted online on 29th May.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.