Lodging an official complaint?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Lodging an official complaint?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Upsidedown
    Participant

Has anyone lodged an official complaint? Just wondering if there was any response. Seriously thinking about lodging one, but sceptical it will get any response.

Helly87
    Participant

What type of application is it?
    How long have they had your doccuments for?
    I would definitely try complain anything is worth a try

Upsidedown
    Participant

I have posted out timeline elsewhere on here but it is a first passport, overseas application.
    Documents received 12:21pm on 13 April 2022
    Application received 5:45am on 24 February 2022
    Identity details received 5:44am on 24 February 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 7:25am on 22 February 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 6:59am on 18 February 2022
    Application submitted 6:59am on 18 February 2022
    Husband was contacted in May to supply additional information which was delivered according to tracking on 24/5. Husband called 3 weeks ago (as on 30/5 they emailed, threatening to cancel his application as “they had not received a response”) and they confirmed additional information had been logged as received and it was “with an examiner” . We have heard nothing more.

It is ridiculous for what should be a straightforward application to take this long. The “additional information” sought was not requested of his sister when she got her passport and his birth certificate was originally obtained to support our daughter’s application 3 years ago. (He had misplaced his original and we had to send for a new one.) We know other people over here who have applied and received their passports with no fuss. My husband’s application seems to be stuck in some kind of bureaucratic quagmire. We travel in a month and I would’ve thought applying in February was plenty of time.

I feel as though his application (and our son’s) have been pushed to the bottom of the pile and will never be processed, as we are not in the UK and can’t turn up at an office, we can’t apply for an upgrade and don’t have a family emergency so are being treated as second class citizens.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Upsidedown.
    Helly87
    Participant

Have you tried emailing the expedite team? I know you said your not set to travel yet but I emailed them 3 weeks before travelling and they have sent it to be expedited without any proof of travel.
    Also have you tried the uk consulate? Maybe worth a try, but I would definitely complain.

Upsidedown
    Participant

Aoparently they won’t expedite as we are overseas and it is a first passport. I don’t think the consulate can do anything but it might be worth a call.

The Australian Passport Office is also getting a lot of bad press for delays, but I think they are at least processing in order of receipt!

Helly87
    Participant

I know that’s what really got me especially when they say that 10 weeks is not a guarentee! I would take that on the chin if it was dealt with in order of application. But my neighbour who applied 3 weeks ago has got his passport in his hands and I applied 3 months ago and no sign 😡

Hope you manage to have some luck 🤞

Upsidedown
    Participant

@Helly87 I’m going to try emailing the Expedite team – they can only say no, right? Any tips for what to include? So far I’ve just got the history of our application and said we need the passport for travel in 3 weeks, and the stress caused by the lengthy process.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.