Lost passport

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cariad94
    Participant

Hi guys, just wondering how long a lost passport renewal generally takes? Don’t need my son’s passport urgently (ATM!)but not sure how long to expect in reality. Also, I cancelled his passport before I reapplied for the replacement, but didn’t receive any kind of text confirmation. Is that normal? Thanks

pkenny12
    Participant

I did 2 renewal for lost passports on the 30/1 – mine came back in 3 weeks and my daughters has just been printed but hasn’t been delivered yet ( week10 now). I think at the moment it’s just the luck of draw. I hope it doesn’t take too long for you.

Cariad94
    Participant

Thank you @pkenny12, not traveling until July so not urgent at the moment, was just wondering how long delay could be. Did you get any confirmation when you cancelled the passports online? I haven’t, and just don’t want that to cause any issues

maddie130147
    Participant

Hi @cariad94 did you get your passport I’m in the same situation I cancelled my sons passport online then done a renewal on 23rd April had a phone call from the passport lost and stolen on 27th April and confirmed with them I had actually found it at home so they cancelled this request I’ve never received any ref number but application has been processing since 29th April did you receive any ref number have you received a replacement as yet ?

Cariad94
    Participant

Hi did get a lost reference number just after I posted this thread. Still waiting for my passport to be approved though (applied 23/03). Lost passports are taking a while at the moment, seem to be a minimum of 8/9 weeks from what I can gather.

maddie130147
    Participant

Did you call to get the ref number I have nothing but as I found my passport they cancelled the request so I have no idea if I need one or who to contact or I do

ZinaZara
    Participant

Hi all,

In my experience they do not automatically associate the lost passport ref number with the new application.

After calling multiple times and getting nowhere i used the webchat service, supplied my passport cancellation ref and my application moved from ‘identity details received’ to ‘processing’ in the same day (after being sat in the previous stage for 2 weeks). My application has now been allocated to the Peterborough office.

So if your application has been stuck on a stage for a while, use the webchat service and give them the reference number :).

Best wishes.

dalbyuk44
    Participant

Was looking at this site which has alot of detail on lost and timeframes: https://passports-office.co.uk/blog/lost_passport_what_to_do/, however it statesCan I use the 1-day premium service?

Unfortunately, the answer is no.

However, there are a couple of exceptions to this rule. HM Passport Office will allow some customers to use the 1-day Premium service but this is in extreme circumstances only. If you have a medical emergency or you have suffered a bereavement you may be eligible for this service, but, you will need to contact HM Passport Office to clarify the situation and they will then decide if you qualify for this service or not.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.