Missing Foreign Passport

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Missing Foreign Passport

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    yazzy85
    Participant

Has anyone else had their British Passport and documents returned but not a Foreign Passport they were asked to send in?

We had to send in my son’s Canadian Passport for renewing his British Passport and everything has come back apart from the Canadian Passport. As dual Nationals we can’t enter Canada without it.

Over the past few weeks I have been calling HMPO numerous times, emailing, and filled out their contact form as well with no answers.

I am worried as we are to travel this summer and it looks like our son’s Canadian Passport is lost.

LAD
    Participant

I received my British passport, but all of my supporting documents have disappeared. Nothing has been returned six weeks after receiving the British passport, and HMPO cannot tell where the documents are or when or if they will be returned.

I ended up getting an emergency U.S. passport, which the Embassy could print same day (within one hour actually), as the U.S. requires me to enter on my passport. I will need to exchange for a full-validity passport within a year. I haven’t yet replaced my European passport, as I have an ID card. The U.S. Embassy told me that HMPO lose passports all the time.

Worst case, investigate the process of getting an emergency Canadian passport. So sorry this has happened to you.

yazzy85
    Participant

Thank you, that’s such a terrible response from HMPO to lose all your documents. We pay for this service and they should deliver what they promise accordingly.

I feel like that’s what has happened with us too and will need to try and get an emergency Canadian Passport for travel like you suggested.

sweetmelody
    Participant

Have you received your passports back by any chance? Just trying to gauge how long I’m going to be waiting for mines back roughly.

Cherryblossom
    Participant

I am following this as I’m also waiting for my foreign passport back

yazzy85
    Participant

Sorry for the late reply, I forgot the password for my account and had to reset. Unfortunately we still haven’t got our foreign passport back yet but are calling pretty much everyday in the hope that it will get sorted eventually! Over a month from receiving our British Passport and still haven’t got the Canadian one back yet. It’s unbelievable.

LAD
    Participant

Eight weeks for me, soon to be nine. I filed a formal complaint (no response – beyond promised 72 hour turnaround). I called the hotline and was promised a 48 hour callback (also missed). I’m going to call my MP’s office on Monday.

It’s beyond ridiculous that HMPO is holding foreign passports for so long. Just mail them back at the same time!

yazzy85
    Participant

I sent our local MP an email as well and they contacted HMPO on our behalf but said it’s a long wait to get a response back because they are so busy but it’s still a good idea to get in touch with them.

Also keep calling HMPO and ask to be put through to the ‘Customer Management Team’ as they have more access to application details and the first line of customer service representatives can’t do much for this issue.

8 weeks is a ridiculously long time to hold onto documents!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.