Not received old passport

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Not received old passport

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Juliem60
    Participant

Hi
    According to Royal Mail, my granddaughter’s old passport was received in Durham on 24 May. However, the page has not updated to say it has been received. My daughter has received an email today asking her to send it. Is there any way we can contact them to show them the proof of receipt that they signed for? And what happens if they never find it? Thank you.

wanting3
    Participant

It can take around 2 weeks for them to update the system to say it’s been received. I sent mine on the 5th May, received the 6th but didn’t show as received until the 18th. I’d give it another week before contacting them as it is taking them a while to go through the mail. This was for the Durham office. Others might me quicker or slower to scan them into the system

Juliem60
    Participant

Thank you. But would she have received an email today asking her to send it?

wanting3
    Participant

Until it’s logged on the system they technically don’t know it’s been sent. I didn’t get an email myself but the tracker kept saying I need to send my documents. It would have arrived at the passport office but until it’s been opened and scanned in it won’t show as received against your application.

Richie
    Participant

@Juliem60 my passport arrived in Durham on the 6th May, received notification that passport had arrived on 1st June so be prepared to wait a little longer for an update, helpline cannot assist until you have been notified that the docs have been received.

dcfcprem
    Participant

Hi all. Did an online renewal on 26 April, I sent our old passports which were signed for on the 27 April after which was getting emails etc from them asking to send old passport back, I actually got to speak to someone who told me to give it a few weeks to get into system which I did and that she would stop the messages as it was a error. Yesterday got a message and thought great finally but no the text said send old passport by the 23 July or they will cancel the application and I will not get a refund. Obviously I have tried to call but it seems impossible to speak to anybody it’s all automated.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated maybe a phone number thanks

wanting3
    Participant

Try calling the main helpline number as soon as it opens. When I had an issue with one of my applications the second time I called they were really helpful and arranged for me to get a call back 24 hours later from someone who could help. I just used the number on the website then followed the prompts 3 then 8 I think. Calling should hopefully trigger them to look for the documents but they may ask you to report them as lost. The progress team were really helpful for me so they should be able to help you too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.