Old passport not received by Bootle office – is it lost?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Old passport not received by Bootle office – is it lost?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    waitycaity
    Participant

I applied for a passport renewal on 26th Feb, sent old passport off tracked on 28th Feb with Royal Mail saying it had been signed for at the Bootle DA on March 2nd.

Two weeks later and PP office (Bootle) have still not registered that they have received my old passport, while others I know who sent theirs way after mine had confirmation of receipt from PP office within days.

Have even called and PP office have said they will look into where it’s got to using my Royal Mail tracking number, however no update on that either. They keep saying just wait a bit longer.

Anyone else experienced similar? Have they just lost my old passport? Supposed to be travelling on April 25th so it’s irritating me that I’m stuck unable to do anything about it and have no idea if my old one is lost or not.

Help please, thanks in advance! xx

dzongkha 1
    Participant

I am in a similar situation to you, for context read below:

Waiting times and giving notice

If your delivery was signed for, then they most likely do have it; there seems to be a real inconsistency, however, in terms of how quickly passports are renewed.

waitycaity
    Participant

Oh no! Have you had any update yet? Let me know when you do please.

dzongkha 1
    Participant

No update yet but will update here- when you receive an update, please could you post here too?

I will probably contact the Passport adviceline on Monday.

waitycaity
    Participant

Did you contact them in the end? Still no word on mine despite the fact they even sent out a search for it using my royal mail tracking number over a week ago.

They said they may be able to declare it as ‘lost in transit’ if it doesn’t appear by next week and then process it anyway. However not sure how true that is as I’ve been told multiple diff things.

19 days now since it was signed for by RM.

dzongkha 1
    Participant

Contacted them on Friday and yesterday. Both similar responses, they wrote messages to the HH Office to chase it up and said wait 7 days for an update. Not filled with confidence.

waitycaity
    Participant

So frustrating! Have they sent out a royal mail search for yours too with your tracking number? I’ve told them a couple of times that I’m travelling in April and they keep saying things like ‘oh, don’t worry it’ll be fine!’. Lol.

dzongkha 1
    Participant

No Royal Mail search but I did provide them with the tracking number. They requested April 1st as the proposed completion date but heard nothing from Hemel Hempstead itself.

waitycaity
    Participant

Update on my application. Old passport was logged as received last night, 24 days after royal mail delivered, phew! Now says it’s being printed so hopefully that’ll be quick. Any change with yours?

dzongkha 1
    Participant

Phoned up on Monday and they advised me to report it lost, did so, and now it’s been marked as “received” (i.e they can move forward with the application without receiving the old passport).

kesray
    Participant

Hi there, same thing happening to me I’m afraid, except it was my in-date foreign passport! Spent numerous hours on the phone and emailing someone but was told last week that they have in fact lost my foreign passport!!! Disgusting service at Bootle! I even paid extra for DPD to return my old documents safely. All in all they took about a month to process my application, but I am furious that they lost my foreign passport. I’m going to have to go to the embassy in London to get a new one which will cost me time and money. Bootle needs an overhaul- shocking service. Did you get your new passport in the end?

GreyMillson
    Participant

I’m sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with your passport renewal. It can be really concerning when important documents go missing in transit. It’s good that you have a tracking number to help locate the old passport. Hopefully, the PP office will be able to find it for you soon. But in the meantime, it might be worth considering taking advantage of reliable and proven id maker services, using which you can be sure their Fake IDs are guaranteed to scan https://fakeyourdrank.com and have their appropriate holograms which replicate the real product 100%. Thus, you can be confident in the quality and reliability of your ID, as well as the safety of its use. Fingers crossed for a speedy resolution!

janet142
    Participant

Hi I have a similar problem with Hemel Hempstead documents were signed for on 26th April but still no update on tracking website how do I contact them as there was also marriage certificate sent along with old passport as I want my renewal passport in my married name

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.