Only one birth certificate acknowledged but 2 sent in same envelope

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Only one birth certificate acknowledged but 2 sent in same envelope

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi all

I submitted my 2 children’s first passport applications on 12/04. Identity confirmed 14/04, sent both birth certificates on 14/04 with the correct reference numbers on the front of the envelope in the same envelope.

Only 1 birth certificate has been “received” on 17/04.

Do I just sit tight and wait for them to acknowledge the other birth certificate, I can send another one but I’m not keen on doing that. Travelling early June

Thanks

Kat1stUKPassport
    Participant

Hi,

I have a similar issue. Applied for a first UK passport for myself and my daughter on 26/4. Sent both sets of documents in the same envelope to Corby (with both reference numbers displayed on the envelope). My documents have been “received” on the 2nd of May, but there is nothing showing for my daughter. This makes very little sense, as you’d think that the documents sent together would be entered in the database at the same time.

Please let me know how you get on. My daughter needs her new passport for a school trip in early June and I’m really worried.

Thanks!

Hi Kat

I called the passport telephone helpline and asked them to look into it (after 11 days of the documents being received). They noticed 2 birth certificates had been scanned into one application. They raised a “case” with another team. They called me back the next day and sorted it there and then on the phone.

give them a call. Also mention that you have a travel date booked and they can add it to the application, they said it may help speed it up. Best of luck.

Kat1stUKPassport
    Participant

Glad to hear that you were able to reach someone and that they were helpful. Thanks so much for letting me know. Will try. Best of luck to you too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.