Open Letter

Home Forums Open Letter to Abi Tierney Open Letter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andy Anderson
    Keymaster

We have selected the most commonly asked questions about the recent passport delays and published in an open letter to Abi Tierney, Director General at Her Majesty’s Passport Office.

You can view the letter here:

Please share the link as more exposure will increase the chance of a response.

Good Life
    Participant

That’s excellent Andy. You have created a fabulous website forum. I believe hundreds if not more have benefited from the support received. Also, why can the old passport not be sent with the new as this should save on postage costs?

Andy Anderson
    Keymaster

Hi, thanks, I am pleased you have found this forum helpful. The return of your old passport and also other supporting documents is something covered in the letter. However, I think the reason they don’t send the old with the new is for security reasons in case they both get lost in the post.

josh182
    Participant

Thanks for everything you’re doing Andy. It’s been 6 weeks for me with no updates which has been a pain… On Monday I was on hold for an hour and a half total and the first person I spoke with told me their headset was broken and so they were struggling to hear me (I could hear fine, so we worked through it with lots of repeating everything back multiple times).

Today I got through with no hold time at all but unfortunately there was a problem with the system and they couldn’t actually see my application details… As well as all the impacted travellers, I feel for the people working at the passport office as they’re obviously not getting the training/support/tools necessary to overcome the backlog.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.