Overseas Applications – impact on Waiting Time

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Overseas Applications – impact on Waiting Time

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    DoctorClifford
    Participant

Experts,

I submitted a Child Renewal Application today (Thurs 14 Oct), from the UAE.
    These go to the LIVERPOOL.
    Any experience of whether the Waiting Times shown on this Site apply to overseas Applications?

Documents couriered, and arrive in Liverpool on Monday 18 Oct.

Drop-Dead date for travel is 10 December… so I have 8 weeks in hand..

‘FAST TRACK’ from overseas was not an Option.

rebeccaxflynn
    Participant

Hello!

Do you have any updates? We’ve submitted our child’s first passport from the UAE and docs were received on 5th October. So far no update on ours it’s just processing. We’re due to go 3rd December!

Thanks!!

muzz901
    Participant

Hi,

I sent mine (adult renewal) from UAE on 25th September, it arrived on 1st October with no status change until 22nd October where it was printed and sent. I am currently waiting for a notification to see when the courier will send me it.

I am travelling on 28th October, so cutting it fine.

DoctorClifford
    Participant

Rebecca,
    No news yet, but docs only received on 18 Oct.
    Travelling 10 Dec.

Muzz’s post gives me hope, though. No news, and then all done..!

muzz901
    Participant

I think you will be fine. I expect to get it back within this week which would be about 5 weeks all in including courier via DHL

viksnid
    Participant

How did you get tracking information. I’m in NZ and I’ve received no tracking

trent
    Participant

Forum is acting up again and showing some posts

I don’t know if the forum allows links, but if DHL delivers to New Zealand, do a search for:
    “DHL DELIVERY SERVICES ON BEHALF OF HER MAJESTY’S PASSPORT OFFICE”

look for the link under “How do I track my items”, and on the tracking page, under ‘Shipment Reference’, enter your PEX reference number without the PEX part and without spaces (just the numbers), and finally under “Date Range” you can enter starting date as the date of application and end date the current date.

Note that it can take a few days after approval and printing it shows up on DHL’s

viksnid
    Participant

It’s been 3 days now and lots of roundabouts. The instructions you sent me don’t look like that on the DHL express website. I went to DHL they confirmed they don’t know what a PEX number is and need a tracking reference. Then, TNT says they don’t have it contact HMPO. Contacted them and they said “we’ve given it to DHL” so confused and frustrated

trent
    Participant

Had one application that took 7 days after it was printed before it showed up in DHL’s tracking (Durham PO)

www . dhl . com / en / express / tracking / shippers_reference . html

(remove the spaces in between, obviously)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by trent.
    viksnid
    Participant

Sadly the tracking has changed and it automatically asks for a tracking number now. Still no tracking HMPO confirmed they’ve had it picked up via DHL and DHL confirm they don’t have anything for my address. Going around in circles now.

trent
    Participant

I think I was able to replicate what you’re facing on mobile, but the link worked OK on desktop.

Try the following link adjusted for New Zealand (perhaps test on both, mobile and desktop):
    https :// mydhl.express.dhl/nz/en/tracking.html#/track-by-reference

How many days has it been since the passport was sent out?

Oh, and by the way, in time, you should be able to see two shipments using the same shipper reference (application reference) once the supporting documents are sent out

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by trent.
    viksnid
    Participant

Thanks Trent, finally found it on the laptop. It’s been 5 days so, 3 business days. I tried the tracking and nothing populates either. I was told by HMPO that DHL should pick it up today. Different info from different people.

trent
    Participant

Hello viksnid,
    I hope tracking is now showing for you

viksnid
    Participant

Yes it did! I had to threaten them though and tell them it was urgent. I finally got a nice lady who I told them I needed my visa and she put through an urgent call back and I then soon after got my tracking number. I feel like you don’t get anywhere without pushing them

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.