Paper passport stages

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Paper passport stages

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    PanickyPerson
    Participant

Hi all,

Waiting for my son’s first passport and extremely stressed as we are due to go on holiday May 14th, all we have had so far is a text saying we should get it by May 25th. As it’s a paper application it seems we don’t get any updates and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the process is, should we be getting other text messages or is it just going to randomly arrive one day!?
    Unable to get through to the passport office on the phone at all.
    When we applied it said 5 weeks then jumped to 10! 🙁 reading all the news about huge delays and having a massive panic attack about it all!

00carlcook
    Participant

Hi,

We are in exactly the same position and have exactly the same dates as what you have said and we are both feeling very stressed about the idea of not knowing what’s going on and will we get passport back in time for the 14th. It would be interesting to know if anyone else in the same boat and have any other information. The only thing I have read is the if your due to fly in less than 2 weeks you can get an upgrade on your passport application but I don’t like the idea of being on edge till that date not knowing if we’ll get it.

PanickyPerson
    Participant

Yes, it’s so stressful! I’m also waiting for my passport but that was done online so I know it’s been printed etc! I managed to get through on the phone and my son’s application hasn’t even been examined 🙁 but they have made a note of our date of travel

00carlcook
    Participant

Yeah our daughters is still at that stage of waiting to be examined, I’ve currently been on hold for the last 2 hours trying to find out more information about the upgrade but ready to end call now. If you get any sort of update could you let me know please?
    Fingers crossed 🤞 at least it’s not for another month or so before flight date

Hoof Hearted
    Participant

In a similar position, no tracking information until printed passport has been picked up by TNT from central printing. We found out from the passport office that our passport was printed on Monday 4th April and still nothing on TNT tracking. Called every day for a week and been told something different every time. The latest is that it will be picked up today, logged on the system tonight and delivered tomorrow. We are supposed to fly on Wednesday but I doubt very much we will be on the flight.

PanickyPerson
    Participant

I’ll definitely update. My phone call wasn’t too useful as they could only tell me it’s waiting for examination and nothing else really. I hope the examination stage isn’t longer than this because they’ve had the application for a month already and done nothing with it

00carlcook
    Participant

@hoofhearted
    How long did it take for your application to be approved from sending it and also do you have any idea where it was approved? My daughters is sat in Belfast at the moment

PanickyPerson
    Participant

For my own passport, it was over 2 weeks waiting for them to “receive” my documents. I phoned them in a panic thinking they had got lost! Then miraculously I got a text the next day saying they had received them. After that it was just a few days to say it had been approved. That was on Thursday and still nothing from TNT for tracking or anything. The most stressful thing IVe ever done, never again!!

PanickyPerson
    Participant

Mine went to Bootle but my sons is at Peterborough I think.

Noctule8
    Participant

Mine was with the examiner for 3 weeks before getting approved on the 5th April then they go to be printed which took until today 11th for mine to be done. The way mine has gone I expect another week before delivery but at least I’m not due to go away until the 1st.

Hoof Hearted
    Participant

@00carlcook

Sorry can’t give you those dates as it was a paper application so no online updates. I can tell you that the application was sent on 23rd February to Durham office.

00carlcook
    Participant

Ok, thanks. The only way I have been getting updates is by calling them and hoping for it to be approved. Just a waiting game now I guess. Please update when you actually have passport delivered

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.