Passport Office scanned wrong document

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Passport Office scanned wrong document

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BeckyEB
    Participant

I submitted an adult renewal (1/1/23) with a change of name (to married) and sent off my documents to the Hemel Hempstead office. I sent my old passport and my marriage certificate by Royal Mail Special Delivery. I had an email to say they had recieved my documents on (10/1/23).

A day later I received another email saying I need to send my proof of name change. I phoned the customer service number and they said that the passport office had noted down that they had scanned in 2 birth certificates, not a marriage certificate. I gave them the tracking code from Royal Mail so they could locate the documents and the advisor left a note on my application to say I hadn’t sent any birth certificates, only my marriage certificate and to ring back in 2 days if I hadn’t heard anything.

I rang again last Monday as I still hadn’t heard anything and my application still said we have recieved your documents and to ring back in a week. A week has now been with no update and I have still been receiving emails stating I need to send my proof of name change.

Is this just really slow service and they will look into it eventually or should I assume they have lost my marriage certificate? It was the only copy I had so if this is the case I will need to pay and order a new one which will delay this even further. Sorry for the long post!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.