Passport Renewal Australia

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Passport Renewal Australia

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tomhto
    Participant

Hi,

I need to understand if it’s pointless to submit a passport application with regular waiting times. I travel in 10 weeks and it says up to 11 weeks for a renewal.

Does anyone have any success stories for overseas renewals? Is it slow for everyone at the moment or just new applications?

Thanks

tomhto
    Participant

I’m in Australia but my passport is UK

Upsidedown
    Participant

Hi, we are in Australia too applying for a first UK passport (dual citizens). The big delay for us has been the gap between Royal Mail delivering documents (signed for in Durham on 14 March) and being officially received (over 4 weeks later).

Below is our progress so far:

Application being processed 2:31pm on 14 April 2022
    Documents received 12:21pm on 13 April 2022
    Application received 5:45am on 24 February 2022
    Identity details received 5:44am on 24 February 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 7:25am on 22 February 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 6:59am on 18 February 2022
    Application submitted 6:59am on 18 February 2022

Elsewhere on this forum you will read that HMPO has said the 10 weeks processing time is from when they receive documents, but in practice it seems to be extremely variable and unpredictable. (In contrast when my daughter applied for hers in 2019 the whole process took exactly 2 weeks from posting everything off and receiving the passport!)

I realise our situations are slightly different but hope this helps give you some idea about processing times for overseas applications from Australia.

retep
    Participant

From US it took about 6 weeks, but that was from March 1st. I believe some private agencies might be able to do it more quickly in the uk ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.