Passport renewal wait times

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Passport renewal wait times

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MegB
    Participant

Hi there! I sent mine and my sister’s passports off on the 14 March. On the 17 March my sister was told HM Passport had received her old passport. Today she was asked to send in additional documents.

I still haven’t been told they have received my old passport and I am stressing they’ve lost it. I sent both passports together. When I try and call the call ends before anyone answers.

Has anyone else gone through this?

lisam1988
    Participant

At the moment it is taking up to 10 working days for old passports to be scanned in once they are delivered.

chriswoods
    Participant

My application went to the Glasgow office. Your sister was lucky 3 days? I sent my passport on the 2nd of March old passport received Fri 18th March. You can only phone up after 8 working days to be put through to someone. As soon as i phoned up on the Thursday 17th. It appeared the next day passport received. I’m still stuck on documents received. Plus when i phoned up i got through straight away then transferred to someone else and was on hold for 1hr45 minutes.

djbdane
    Participant

I’m still stuck on documents received

Stuck on documents received is good! There are two routes through their system the digital route and the processing route – if your application drops into the processing route you’ll get a processing update, if it remains in the digital route it will go straight to approved from docs received

chriswoods
    Participant

That is really true. Just had a update passport approved gone to the printers. So passport received on Fri 18th to approved & printing on the 22nd march.

jadelem
    Participant

I have a basic child renewal in, applied online with digital picture. How do I know if it will go the digital route or processing? I fly 8 weeks today and in passport received since yesterday

chriswoods
    Participant

I’m a basic child renewal. As long as its straight forward and the picture is perfect recommend to be from a photo booth at the supermarkets should be fine. If you take it yourself or the post office there could be shadows behind the ears highly recommend the photo booths. Then should go down the digital route. With the dates of your travel i don’t think you have to much to worry about. My application went in on the 2nd of march being printed now. Fly on the 7th April. It is very stressful when u have holidays booked.

nb83
    Participant

Indeed it is. I was stressing even though i had 7 weeks as i read all the horror stories. mine should be getting delivered today and tomorrow

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.