Passport standard renewal (Online) – Good news

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Passport standard renewal (Online) – Good news

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PdVortex
    Participant

Here is my application history.

Application history

Passport received 12 May
    Passport printed 7:56am on 11 May 2022
    Application approved 1:45pm on 10 May 2022
    Documents received 4:09pm on 6 May 2022
    Application received 10:35am on 3 May 2022
    Application submitted 10:35am on 3 May 2022

I was panicking because of all the issues seen here and the 10 week reports, but mine went quickly and efficiently.

Total of 9 days, Liverpool office.

I hope this makes some people feel a bit more hopeful about straightforward applications.

Lopela
    Participant

Hi

Really glad to hear you have your passport- it is helpful to know that the passport office is functioning for some people as this may help the backlog. But for many of us who applied in March, if our applications are not straight forward then we are just stuck. We just don’t move forward from the processing stage and it seems the only way to get through to approval is to wait until two weeks before you travel, email the upgrade team, hope to receive a call that they are dealing with it, visit the passport office within two days of travel and hope they give you a passport. Quite a high stakes strategy for anyone who will lose money on a holiday. And also not helpful for anyone who needs ID for anything other than travel.

PdVortex
    Participant

Yea, I get it my sister in law is having the same issue 7 weeks in and no movement from received documents 🙁
    Hope it all works out for you.

BenjyLFC10
    Participant

anyone from March is just forgotten about now, we’ve called so many times and have urgent call backs but not even assigned to anyone, we have just over 4 weeks until honeymoon 😱

Eagles6
    Participant

I m one of the unlucky ones who applied in March. Been processing since 6th April and not assigned yet, 5 weeks on. Seems so unfair some are being processed in around 3 weeks nd others forgotten.
    Followed the rules and not booked travel, despite as a teacher wanting to travel May half term,and now can t upgrade as nothing booked. Penalised for following the rules and being organised

wrightstar
    Participant

@Eagles6 how do you know if it’s been assigned yet ?
    Mine just says processing and been stuck there since 22/4.

Eagles6
    Participant

I was lucky enough to jump onto online chat. After being told I just need to give it more time, I asked if it was with an examiner and told it was not yet assigned.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.