Passport Time Frames

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Passport Time Frames

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RyanR
    Participant

Hi All,

So panic has set in as we are due to fly on Sunday. I know, we should have waited until passports were received but we applied, as you can see, ages ago!

What happens next
    Your new passport is being printed. We’ll update this page when it’s ready to dispatch.

Application approved 11:30am on 18 March 2022
    Documents received 10:00am on 16 March 2022
    Application received 6:19pm on 25 January 2022
    Application submitted 6:19pm on 25 January 2022

Its been on this with no further update. Docs were sent to Bootle and they actually signed for them on 01/03!!

Spoke to Passport office who told me to phone TNT, who in turn rattled off from a bloody hymn sheet, basically blaming Passport office….

Can anyone possibly offer any advice if they think they could arrive soon and that they forgot to update the system?

Cheers 🙂

sunshine
    Participant

Have you used your PEX number to track your delivery? I haven’t received anything from TNT but when I use my post code and PEX number it said scheduled delivery for today and is currently out for delivery

sk91
    Participant

Hey, I saw this advice yesterday on another forum:

Check on tnt passport delivery with the passport application number. Our oldest daughters was stuck at printing but it was actually with them for 5 days.we just had to ask for it to be delivered and it came the next day.

Hope it helps!

sunshine
    Participant

Sorry just realised you haven’t had a message to say your passport has been printed. Mine was approved on 17th March and printed 23rd March so it shouldn’t be too much longer for you

RyanR
    Participant

Thanks to all the above!

Apparently the Passport Office are sure it has already been printed. I’ve put the info in TNTs tracker but still showing an error message that nothing can be found.

If I’m honest, I think I’ve given up on it turning up in time. Thank god its only once every 10 years we have to go through this eh? 🙂

djbdane
    Participant

Apparently the Passport Office are sure it has already been printed. I’ve put the info in TNTs tracker but still showing an error message that nothing can be found.

If I’m honest, I think I’ve given up on it turning up in time. Thank god its only once every 10 years we have to go through this eh?

Observations based on my experience.
    TNT collecting the passport triggers the printed update I believe – it’s pointless checking TNT until you have the printed update – it will then (hopefully) show up in the TNT tracking later that day. It originally showed a delivery date two days in advance, which I believe is the default until it progresses through their system, later that evening the delivery data changed to next day and indeed it was delivered the next day.
    From approval to the passport in my hand took 10 days, including the day of approval and delivery. From what I can gather the delay now is TNT collecting them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.