Passport withdrawn to received. The story

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Passport withdrawn to received. The story

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Snoopy55
    Participant

I finally received my passport, applied online 27th February 2022.
    I am writing this post, while most may not be in the same position as myself, I hope that it would help those with any advise or indeed should anyone ever find them in the position that I was in.
    Date applied and submitted for a renewal 27th February 2022.
    Old passport sent off along with my husbands and daughters. They got theirs back in 3 weeks. Mine never arrived at the Liverpool office. I waited to give it the benefit of the doubt. In April I reported it lost and recieved a lost passport reference number to which the Liverpool office recieved on 19th April (I actually had this in writing from messages I sent after.
    This was to be put on my application to proceed with the progress …great!
    Weeks went by and no progress but I did hear there was delays, I waited patiently till 10 week mark. Here I was worrying, why it hadn’t even been touched. I sent online enquires (I wasn’t flying till July so no immediate rush) it was still being looked at if anything is needed from me they’ll get in contact. Fine o thought that’s fair enough.
    Nothing ever progressed and all o ever got from the advisors was that it was being looked at. Time was ticking away and I started to worry even more.
    Calls and calls and even got the mp office involved to help and advise and they did get in contact with them to tell me a different story. But she did advise me that the process HMPO do was in date flight order and can actually escalate my application from 2 weeks before I fly. This I was sure to do. I was on hold for ages to get this sorted but I was adamant. The bloke on the other side told exactly what to write in the subject email and told me to put all info in the main body, including the urgency and preference to collect in person @!£ date of travel with proof. Done straight away after all I was flying in 2 weeks.
    2 days later I find my passport was withdrawn, unaware as to why. I called that morning to be told by the advisor it certainly wasn’t withdrawn and most definitely live. The understanding of the email and text I got to say was completely unknown to them.
    I called again 1 day later to say that it was definitely withdrawn, 9 days before my flight. They left me high and dry to even get a fast track appointment and there wasn’t any.
    Upset and angry I called and asked to speak to the management team and discuss this with someone higher.
    Now this I was on an hour and a half, still determined, time was really ticking.
    I spoke to a lovely advisor and told her what had happened, she was unsure as to why that would even happen for no reason and wanted to investigate it and would let me know. I begged her to call me back asap I sobbed to her. She got her team leader involved and would get in the phone straight away to figure out what’s gone on. She promised to call me back by the end of the day.
    In between that I used the text service to see what was happening as I was so afraid that call wasn’t going to happen. These advisors the other side seemed to know exactly what was happening and fully aware of something in the background, and was told the withdrawn was not my fault at all.
    Now this call back actually happened, I wasn’t prepared to what she would actually say. They apologised for what had happened and said they cannot reinstate my withdrawn application but to put a brand new replacement application in and they will work on it as best they can to get it to me before I fly. She would call me in the morning to get my pex number and process. All the expense from them (waiting for refund).
    I was sure enough to apply for a brand new replacement. She actually called back the next morning! I asked when I was likely to collect given my flight is now at 7 days. It was being put through as priority urgent and would get a call that day. Great! No more stressing. I waited all day for the call I never received. The next morning I couldn’t wait anymore and used the text service to what was going on as nothing had even been approved. No sooner had it been seen on the text I had the call! To say it had been approved and ready.
    I collected same day.
    Most people’s cases won’t be like this but in this experience that text service, the people behind there, seemed to know a lot more info that the call advisors.
    All a call to management team did help and was straight on the case.
    I don’t know what went on, why is was suddenly withdrawn but there clearly was a abnomily on it. Yes the system is shambolic to say the least. But get to the right person. Never give up. Call management team. Emails got ignored for me.
    147 days they had my application and still never got looked at because of what???
    Be determined and get to the right people

Passport Stress
    Participant

Thanks Snoopy5 for sharing your story.
    I am experiencing stress with my son’s passport renewal too. There has been 10 weeks since I submitted the application, following I sent off the old passport to Bootle passport office with recorded delivery. I waited 3-4 weeks but no updates on tracking system that they had received my documents. At week 5 I started calling passport helpline but all I got was to tell them my details and wait for a call back. I had some calls back but again they transferred me around to another operator and another call back. This could be never ending, as the progress team is always unreachable. By today at week 10 the tracking system still shows “send your old passport and my application will be withdrawn after 90 days as no passport received. I have proof of the old pasport was received and signed by Passport office, I wrote the letter to show them too, but nothing has been touched and no reply so far.

Passport Stress
    Participant

Snoopy5, you mentioned the text service which was more efficient than phone calls and emails. Can you please tell me more details how to contact the right person? Thank you!

Snoopy55
    Participant

Passport stress
    +44 7897 028714
    Hope they can be of some help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.