Processing not being done in chronological order?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Processing not being done in chronological order?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sofrustrated
    Participant

I applied for my child’s first passport at the start of May (and they took the money for it fast enough) but our tracking didn’t show ‘documents received’ until May 24th (three weeks after I sent them). It’s been stuck there ever since.

Meanwhile, sister in law applied for first passport for her child FOUR WEEKS after we did, yet theirs has already been processed and received.

Ridiculous. So it seems that it doesn’t matter when you apply, it’s luck of the draw?

Upsidedown
    Participant

Yep that does seem to be the case. It’s almost 20 weeks for us and still no passport. Th inconsistency is the biggest frustration.

TomTriv
    Participant

Definitely, applied on the 9th April and still waiting for my child’s first passport at Bootle! Documents got confirmed as received on the 4th May and heard nothing since, nearly reaching the 10 week mark now so hopefully can get it speeded up a bit.

Nawa
    Participant

Since the ‘error’ or whatever their excuse was for the passports going back from ‘Processing’ to ‘Documents received’, has anyone else actually progressed forward?

Mine arrived on May 5th, wasn’t recorded as ‘received’ until June 1st, then went forward to processing the next day, then BACK to ‘received’ about a week later. It really is a shambles because I am in a foreign country with no passport and I need to move again soon for my work.

tttttttttttttt
    Participant

Upsidedown
    Participant

Any advice for circumventing this process then? Totally fits with what I expected was happening.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.