Query on damaged passport

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Query on damaged passport

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    fielding28
    Participant

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice. Applied for my renewal 9 March and old passport noted as received on 25th. Three days after I received an email from HMPO telling me the passport was damaged and looked to be liquid damage. They asked that I produce a written and signed statement confirming how this happened. I’m very confused tbh because I checked the passport before I posted it and definitely didn’t notice any damage, nor can I recall any incident where it’s come into contact with liquid. However my kitchen did get flooded recently so it’s not impossible it got to the passport, as it was stored in one of the cabinets. Statement posted back same day and received by HMPO on 31st but heard nothing further.

Anyway, I’m just wondering if anyone has any idea what the next steps would potentially be? If they don’t like my statement could they ask for further identity verification? I can deal with it quickly but my concern is I’m due to travel on 5th May and I think I’m starting to run out of time. Should I be worried? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks all!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.