Questions for start a renewal adult passport

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Questions for start a renewal adult passport

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chrismacg1
    Participant

Hi guys! It’s nice to have a website like this!
    I had a question and was looking for help:
    I live outside the UK, my father is British (but I have no contact with him) so I have my British child passport. But this one expired in 2008, it’s a red wine color. My process would be renewal, right? Will this take a long time? What is your experience with delay and response time?

I want to expedite my British passport renewal process because i am a crisis situaton, could I send my passport to a trusted person in the UK, start the renewal process, have that person send the document and also receive it once the renewal process is finished, and finally that person send it to me by a secure means? Or is it mandatory that I be the one there? I think It could be a faster way for me to receive my renew passport, but I don’t know if it’s allowed..
    thanks you so much for your help

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Chrismacg1.

screamer
    Participant

Sending your original passport to someone within the UK will not speed up your renewal.

Looks like you need to apply for a new adult passport

You can apply for a first adult passport if all of the following apply:

you’re a British national
    you’re aged 16 or over (or will be in 3 weeks)
    you’ve never had a UK passport before
    You must also apply if your last UK passport was issued before 1 January 1994.

You can use your child passport until it expires, even if you’re over 18.

An adult passport is valid for 10 years.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.