Read this if you planned to go to a fast-track app with a cancellation letter

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Read this if you planned to go to a fast-track app with a cancellation letter

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sampri
    Participant

I booked a fast track 2 weeks ago and planned to take a withdrawal letter for the current online application to the appointment like i had seen other have been doing. Ive posted 2 withdrawal letters to the office who has my daughters birth certificate and heard nothing. Started seeing horror stories of people being turned away yesterday and spoke to an adviser on chat who started the cancellation process off for me and said once it’s cancelled I will be contacted. Called this morning and had a horrible rude man talking down to me saying that I will just be turned away and the chat adviser shouldn’t have started the cancellation as now we can’t attend the fast track or proceed with the original application. He just kept telling me over again I will just be turned away and now all I can do is wait until its cancelled which in his words said it will be weeks and weeks until they action it. He then proceeded to say he doesn’t know why I’m wasting his time and put the phone down on me. I just can’t believe this is happening. We officially can’t go on holiday on the 13th of May now. I’m just in shock. So please be aware they aren’t allowing this anymore it’s best to just stick with the original application and hope for the best!

louisej23
    Participant

Can you cancel the cancellation?? If so, maybe you could then do with the fast track upgrade that started a couple of days ago? You have to wait until 14 days before travel from what I’ve read but this could still work for you if you can make sure they don’t action your cancellation.

Sampri
    Participant

Hi thanks for replying. I forgot to add above that the unhelpful rude man on the phone said there’s no way of undoing the cancellation request now😔

ritabix
    Participant

When your actual fast track appointment?

Sampri
    Participant

16th next Saturday at Peterborough

Simonbck
    Participant

I was on the phone this morning to Passport Advice, they said they could put a note on the application if you no longer wished to cancel the application. I have a FT meeting booked, I have a witdrawal letter in place, and I have also sent back a new form that they requested. I am keeping all options open. I was told about the new upgrade option if you are flying within 2 weeks.

shademister
    Participant

I have appointment tomorrow in London and have been advised by 3 customer managements to attend my appointment. I have posted a letter of withdrawal and am taking one with me so fingers crossed. You should still attend your appointment

Simonbck
    Participant

How did you appointment go?

shademister
    Participant

AWFUL!! Got turned away basically and application refused, but manager was helpful told me I can do the new fast track upgrade service, gave me the email address to contact them but I am concerned as I have sent a letter of withdrawal to the passport office. Spoke to someone in the progressing team and he told me by the time they get my withdrawal letter they will of processed my fast track upgrade. Travel in just over 3 weeks time. Have stated in the email to cancel and reject my letter of withdrawal I sent and hope they do. I’m so so stressed and this is costing me a fortune.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.