Renewal Application from Hungary

Home Forums COVID-19 Renewal Application from Hungary

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ARC
    Participant

A shocking situation that is having a immediate impact on my life. No useful information only insulting (and badly composed) letters and emails stating that I shouldn’t contact. Really stressful. Thank you to this website for at least some connection through the challenge.

Questions
    Why is it impossible to give better information?
    How are they prioritising applications?
    Is there a way to communicate the urgency ones situation to get your application prioritised?

Short Timeline
    Application history
    Application being processed: 10:14am on 15 May 2020
    Documents received: 1:29pm on 11 May 2020
    Application received: 10:17am on 21 April 2020
    Application submitted: 10:17am on 21 April 2020

Slightly Longer Timeline
    ‘Don’t contact’ E-mail from HMPO 10th June
    ‘Don’t contact’ Letter from HMPO 29th May
    Application being processed: 10:14am on 15 May 2020
    Documents received: 1:29pm on 11 May 2020
    Documents ACTUALLY recieved: 5th May
    Application received: 10:17am on 21 April 2020
    Application submitted: 10:17am on 21 April 2020

ARC
    Participant

Quick Update
    17th June
    Sent HMPO a tweet to ask for help and was told to DM them. They replied with the following “Thank you… …we have received your DM. We are experiencing a high volume of messages at the moment and will respond as soon as we can.” Which I had to take in good humour.
    18th June
    “Hi, I have checked your application and put a case note on your application explaining your predicament. …”

I have enquired what this actually does to my application. We shall see. Anyone else attempted to contact via twitter to help the situation?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by ARC.
    foreverwaiting
    Participant

I contacted via twitter but didn’t have much success, I then emailed and was given a generic reply that they couldn’t do anything. I then called and explained my situation as we genuinely need the passport (moving abroad – tenancy ending etc). He said someone would be in contact and I’d need to provide evidence for urgency, which I said I could do. The next day I had a phone call back, I was told they’re only speeding up applications needed within two weeks, he was really helpful and said to call back if I didn’t have the passport two weeks before travel.

Honestly, try and call them if you’re desperate. They were really helpful and gave me peace of mind.

I’d applied for the passport on 18th March, it was approved yesterday. We need it for July so was naturally getting antsy.

ARC
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. It gives me hope. When I have called the ‘advice line’ I haven’t had the same experience as yourself (First time I was hung up on before a word was spoken, the second time I was immediately stonewalled and despite ‘knowing all the tricks in the book’ so to speak regarding eliciting information from call centre staff, I wasn’t able to get anywhere. This was a while ago (I can’t remember exactly), so it may be a new protocol. I will try it in a week or so if there is no movement.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.