Report passport lost and go fast track?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Report passport lost and go fast track?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    brm1
    Participant

My Son’s passport renewal is in the “application being processed” stage and I’m not confident we will receive the passport before we are due to fly on Sat 23rd Oct. Can I report as lost and apply for a fast track? I can get an appointment in Glasgow on Monday.

tanya
    Participant

Did you do this successfully?

brm1
    Participant

I went to Glasgow for a 9am fast track appointment on Monday. Gave her the withdrawal letter and told her Durham had the old passport and were still processing the first application. She said they’d email it through to Durham and we’d get the new passport by next Monday at the latest. Until it is in my hand i can’t tell you if it’s been a success.

Stewolves
    Participant

Fingers crossed for you. Can I ask if you sent the cancellation letter first (where was this sent?) or did you just book the fast track appointment and complete the form as lost and stolen with the letter to cancel the online application with you and handed to the officer?

brm1
    Participant

No, i took the signed letter to the appointment without sending it off first. The lady said her boss would send to Durham. I didn’t fill out the passport lost section on the fast track form but just stated the old passport number. I can see people tweeting that they followed the same process as me but are waiting to fast track passport still on Day 9! The guarantee a 7 day receipt of passport!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.