Requesting old passport back

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Requesting old passport back

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sazward89
    Participant

Hi all,

Has anyone any experience of requesting supporting documents back? I applied for a name change renewal in Feb for my honeymoon at end of April however after reading horror stories online I was worried my new passport wouldn’t arrive in time.

I was advised by HMPO to request my supporting docs back (these had been linked to my application) so I sent a letter in 2 weeks ago. I was advised my application would then be on hold until I return my passport back to them after travel. They said it could take 2-3 weeks but I’m panicking now with my travel date looming.

kel
    Participant

Hi, i wrote a cancellation letter and heard nothing, for the same reason. i needed the valid irish passport back for my son to travel today as thought the British one wouldn’t be back in time. Rang 17 March a week after sending letter, they told me i couldn’t get them back as British one was processing. Got the British passport last Tuesday but still waiting for supporting documents!! If i were you I’d ring them, you may have a long wait but tell them you want it escalated. They are supposed to release your documents 10 working days from daye later received.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.