Return of the supporting documents

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Return of the supporting documents

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jms
    Participant

I thought it would be good to have timeline data points how long does it take to receive supported documentation back, and would propose the following format:

UK Passport received: 22 March 2022
    Paid for secure delivery: Yes
    Supporting docs received: DD MMM 2022

LAD
    Participant

Any recent updates on return of supporting documents?

UK passport printed: 24 March 2022
    UK passport received: 30 March 2022
    Paid for secure delivery: Yes

Return of supporting documents is still outstanding. From what I gather, there is no way to track these?

First adult UK passport, Peterborough office, waiting for return of naturalisation certificate + 2 foreign passports (one of which I need with increasing urgency….)

LAD
    Participant

Update: Four weeks post passport printing, and nine weeks since my documents arrived, and I still don’t have my supporting documents back despite paying extra for the secure delivery. Ridiculous.

I’ve tried phoning HMPO several times, always waiting an hour-plus on hold to be told that they’re very busy, that the documents should arrive within two weeks (nope), then three weeks (nope), then four weeks (nope). I can’t wait any longer, as the U.S. requires U.S. citizens to enter on a U.S. passport.

I ended up having to go to the U.S. Embassy to get a temporary emergency passport (at a cost of $165), reporting my passport lost by HMPO. This means I’ll have to surrender and replace the full validity U.S. passport if it ever arrives back from HMPO.

According to the U.S. Embassy, this “happens all the time.” I was the second appointment of the day reporting my passport lost at HMPO… at 7:45 a.m. What a complete shambles. This all needs to be digitized and simplified so that original documents don’t need to be mailed at all.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.