Send Passport to Wrong Office – Help!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Send Passport to Wrong Office – Help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    WILSKY15
    Participant

Hi All. Hoping someone can advise…I applied for renewal for both my children (16 and 11) and the 11 year old needed countersigning which was done quickly. Sent passports in same envelope with both PEX numbers noted clearly – first stupid mistake was sending first class (not signed for) on 14th April (I know, I know – I’m a fool) and so far they have not arrived. I’ve been told to wait 11 working days before reporting them as lost which takes me to 5th May. I’ve just horror upon horrors noticed that the 11 year old’s passport was supposed to be sent to Liverpool and the 16 years old’s was to be sent to Peterborough!! And I didn’t notice and sent them both to Peterborough! I had no idea they had to be sent in different directions – why would that be?! I guess I have no choice but to wait it out and hope they just get registered as received at some point. We’re not going until 31st July so I have time but I’m so cross at myself 🙁

djbdane
    Participant

You do read in these posts about applications being transferred around the offices – so it would seem they can reference applications from any office – which would make sense. So in a perfect world maybe it doesn’t matter where the documents get sent to and the different offices spread the work load, you would imagine the process of simply scanning them on to the system would update the application – but of course this is a Government dept so common sense may not apply! Maybe a quick phone call to them to maybe put your mind at rest – then as you say sit back and wait for them to be processed.

passport54
    Participant

Hi! I would be really interested to hear if you have had any update on this. I have just discovered I have sent both my childrens away in the same office (Hemel Hempstead) and one was supposed to go to Peterborough 🙈

This was on the 23rd of April and no further updates or confirmation of documents received.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.