Supporting Documents Delay – Anything I Can Do?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Supporting Documents Delay – Anything I Can Do?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    josh.s.london
    Participant

Hi All,

We have received my child’s first passport after 4 weeks which is a great result however although the website states we will receive the supporting documents back in 2 weeks time I have just been told over the phone there are delays and may take 8 weeks!!!

The issue is that my wife’s Irish passport is there and we are due to fly in just under 3 weeks time.

Nowhere have I read about these delays and the website is still stating supporting docs are received within 2 weeks which is obviously incorrect.

Is there anything I can do? I have asked it to be escalated to someone but after being transferred to 3 different departments and spending 2 hours on hold I am being told a note can be placed on the account but unsure whether that will do anything.

I have said I will go pick them up but apparently that isn’t an option.

Makes no sense to me that once processed they can’t just stick them out in the post. We also paid the upgrade for special delivery.

Any advice would be amazing, thanks all.

wanting3
    Participant

Unfortunately there isn’t a lot you can do as they will be in a mailroom somewhere. They are focusing on opening applications and supporting documents over sending them back. In my experience it took 3 weeks for my supporting documents to arrive back. As it’s a passport you’re waiting for back did you pay to get it returned by secure delivery? If so you can track it using the same pex number as your application

josh.s.london
    Participant

Yes we paid for secure delivery.
    Is it tracked via TNT still?

Thanks for your reply

ersain
    Participant

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I am in a similar situation and, having read your post above, have only now realised that 2 weeks may not be an accurate estimate.

I was wondering if there has been any news for you?

I cannot remember if I opted for secure delivery/return of my foreign passport when applying more than a month ago (was there such an option?), but checking TNT tracking website regularly using my PEX number and the only “consignment” showing up is the one related to the new passport itself (delivered). But nothing else (probably means Passport office haven’t sent any supporting documents back yet).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.