Time to receive additional information?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Time to receive additional information?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Upsidedown
    Participant

So we had to put additional information in a letter which is due to arrive today or tomorrow according to post tracking. Wondering if anyone else who has had to send additional info can tell me how long it took to be received and acted on? Hopefully it won’t be the 4 weeks it took them to receive our initial documents! Today marks 3 months since applications were submitted…

France22
    Participant

I sent a letter and when was on webchat 4 days later she could see it had been scanned onto system

NS2022
    Participant

Hi
    I sent additional info in that arrived at the Bootle office yesterday (confirmed by Royal Mail not HMPO). I’m not sure if they notify us when it’s additional documents received and dreading having to wait as long as first time round for them to acknowledge/approve.
    On Friday before posting I was told to phone up and give the tracking number once delivered so someone could locate it in the post room, so called up yesterday only to be told that won’t happen as they don’t have the man power. Can’t believe I fell for that one…feel like such an idiot!!!
    Let’s hope they are quicker this time round. Feels like the stress will never end.

Upsidedown
    Participant

Yeah it’s never ending. Have had notification that letter has arrived (from postal service not HMPO) so now to see what happens (if anything).

NS2022
    Participant

Have you got a holiday booked?

Upsidedown
    Participant

Fortunately not till August but I do need documents back. Do you have one booked?

NS2022
    Participant

Yes, beginning of August. We have under 10 weeks, but I don’t think I can handle the stress of going right to the wire. I couldn’t risk disappointing the kids last minute and losing the holiday. Will see if/how things progress and make a call end June/beginning of July. That gives us 6 weeks so praying there is movement in that time! Are you beginning or end of august? An extra couple of weeks could make all the difference!

Upsidedown
    Participant

We are beginning of August. Application submitted in February so we should have it back by then.

NS2022
    Participant

We submitted 20th March – I definitely think Feb & March were worst months to apply.
    I’m hoping we will get a notification to say additional documents received in the next week or so. Just want to know they’ve got it and it’s in the system, but I don’t know if you get a notification when they are additional? I think some people have and some haven’t.
    Fingers crossed all will be received in time 🙂

keycolgirl
    Participant

You wont get an update on additional documents , I phoned them yesterday as we had to send a marriage certificate off, They got it next day 5th May . The original old passport was received on 28th April, 13 days after being sent . The person I spoke to on the advice line stated the application tracking wont be updated on line, but she did say that it takes 2-3 weeks for additional documents to be looked at . I’m hoping the next update is approved. We are not going away until mid August original application was 15th April.

Upsidedown
    Participant

Two-three weeks?! Might be time to get an MP involved- this application was submitted over 3 months ago!

NS2022
    Participant

@keycolgirl do you know it was received from Royal Mail or could HMPO see it on the system? You are lucky as they have responded to you a lot quicker. We didn’t get the request for additional info until 7 weeks after their notification that documents were received (2.5 weeks after Royal Mail confirmed)
    The thing is you get a different answer from each person you speak to each time you call. We may not get a notification, but once scanned into the system the progress team should be able to see the record has been updated (the won’t see the document).
    I did get told additional documents get pushed to the front of the queue but I don’t want to get my hopes up in case that was just a fob off too, but yes definitely not expecting anything to happen for a few weeks. Good luck ladies!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.