Travelling in 4 days…do I cancel?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Travelling in 4 days…do I cancel?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    lauraraff
    Participant

I applied to renew 2 of my daughters passports on the 8/2. One was authorised 31/3 and the other 1/4. We are due to fly on the 6th!! Both say they have been authorised and sent to print…but no idea if theyve actually been printed. I can potentially push the flights back to the 9th, but is even that going to be unlikely?!
    Im baffled as to why it’s taken so long, guess we’ve just been one of the unlucky few 😭

bmor84
    Participant

My daughters was approved 29th, due to go 8th but pushing to 15th, still not had update for print, having a bit of a panic

lauraraff
    Participant

It’s such a worry! I thought 10 weeks would be plenty for a renewal. We literally live 10 mins from a blinking passport office aswell, so even more frustrating!
    My tracking says ‘approved, being printed and the page will be updated when dispatched’…but absolutely no idea how long that’s going to take!
    My husband and son are going to go on original flights, and hopefully we’ll be able to join them on Friday. Still hoping I’ll get a dispatch email Monday and receive them Tuesday, but realistically, I don’t think that’s going to happen!

bmor84
    Participant

I had been reading the were taking about a week to go to print but just read 12 days on twitter and 7 for delivery. I’m close to a passport office as well but had to send ours to Belfast. I’m not stressing lots.

fuerta
    Participant

Hello
    We are in a similar situation
    Daughters passport approved 31/3, not updated since
    We need the passport by 8/4 so if we just wait I reckon we will miss it by a day

Hoping to be able to pick it up once printed but don’t know if this is possible, haven’t read of anyone else being able to do this?

lauraraff
    Participant

I asked if it would be possible to pick up, and it was a firm ‘no’. The printing centres don’t have public access apparently.

Does your email say approved & being printed?

I’m going to chase again tomorrow. All very stressful!

fuerta
    Participant

Yes approved and printing

When I rang yesterday I was told it takes 2 working days to get printed so it should change tomorrow, if not was told ring again.
    The lady seemed confident I will get it in time , but looking at all other cases it takes 8 or 9 days to receive from being approved

Worrying wait!

bmor84
    Participant

I was told can’t pick it up from Central Print, possibly from TNT although would need to discuss with them.

My online tracker doesn’t say printed, two customer service emails and a telephone call said definitely printed, awaiting collection from TNT. I’m hoping I get the printed email Monday or Tuesday and the passport by Friday.

chriswoods
    Participant

From my experance when it goes to print u will get ur passport in 1/2 days. U will have no notication from TNT to say its on its way. So its a case of checking the TNT passport deliverly app. They do give a 2 day delivery but u can change the date a day earlier.

applewine
    Participant

Mine was processed last Tuesday as a standard application, but should have been processed as an urgent and compassionate. I spoke to an examiner at Liverpool who pulled it out of Central print as it has delays and sent to local print and it was printed immediately, i waited 4 days in central print with no luck . I understand there are delays at central print at the moment , you can only collect from local print which is for urgent/ fast tracked applications. I’m hoping to receive mine Tuesday as I fly Friday.

lauraraff
    Participant

I’ve not been given any tnt tracking info 😬

Are they all delivered via tnt?! Mine was received through the regular postie the other week, but that was a one week service application (I realised mine was out of date 5 weeks after I’d sent my kids off…just wish I’d known they were going to take this long as I’dve paid the extra for weeks service for them too)

I’ve moved our flights now til Friday. Monday will be 3 working days, so hoping they will be delivered by Thursday. Still very wishful thinking I think 🙈

djbdane
    Participant

I’ve not been given any tnt tracking info 😬

Has you online tracking changed to printed? From my own experience the passport is printed within a day or two of approval, but it’s when TNT actually pick it up that ‘scan’ triggers the printed update – it’s then down to how efficient TNT are at getting it through their system – Mine went to printed on the Monday and was delivered on the Tuesday.

So if your update is still on approved TNT don’t have it yet – as far as I can make out. Don’t forget you can always track on TNT using your PEX number and postcode – I never got sent any tracking info from TNT – just google TNT passport delivery for the link. Good luck

bbmilt
    Participant

Just checked TNT tracking online using Passport Application reference number and finally given delivery date of 6th April! I have been checking regularly ever since passport was printed (30th March). I had no other notification that TNT had scanned it into their system. I checked at 3pm today and was still getting an error, then 4.30pm there it was. I was even a little shocked to see it. I changed the delivery date to tomorrow to be on the safe side.

Timeline:
    Appeared on TNT tracking 4.30pm 4th April
    Passport printed 11.43am 30th March
    Application accepted 3.06pm 25th March

Passport Chaser101
    Participant

“”Timeline:
    Appeared on TNT tracking 4.30pm 4th April
    Passport printed 11.43am 30th March
    Application accepted 3.06pm 25th March””

Thank you for this post – we are a day behind you and travel on Saturday morning. Submitted the application on the 29th Janurary and still no passport (Child renewal).

Fingers crossed for all!

bbmilt
    Participant

Passport Chaser101, I feel your pain! It has been a long and stressful process. Taking away from the joy of looking foward to our first holiday in years. Sounds like you had a helpful conversation with TNT. I had no such luck. No option to collect. But fingerscrossed, it is meant to arrive today with only two days left before we travel.

Keep checking! We had no notice that there had been a change.

Good luck

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.