Upgrade service for new child passport?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Upgrade service for new child passport?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    themanthatcan
    Participant

Hi everyone,

We’re due to fly to Majorca on 30th so getting pretty anxious that my daughter’s first passport is still showing as Documents Received.

I came across this site today and read about the new upgrade scheme, so spent most of the day on the phone getting through to customer service to get the ball rolling. When I finally did get through they promptly told me that the service can’t be used for child passports, just adult renewals.

Has anyone else here been permitted to use the upgrade service for a new child’s passport at all?

Thanks in advance,
    Andy

passportproblems
    Participant

I think it can only be used for renewals and not first passport? Adult or child!

I’m not 100% sure though, I vaguely remember the lady on the phone saying that.

Although as we all know, they don’t always know what they are talking about!!

coralp
    Participant

I called last week and I was told that I could email the upgrade team for my daughter’s first application.
    The normal 1 week fast track can be use for renewals and first child passport, and the upgrade service is to upgrade your current standard application to the fast track service. So I don’t know why the upgrade service can’t be use for first child passport.

themanthatcan
    Participant

Hi again,

Thanks to those of you who replied.

I’ve just had a call back from a very lovely lady at customer services who advised (as suspected) that I was misinformed by whoever I spoke to yesterday and the upgrade service *can* be used for first child passports.

She’s gone through the process of passing my details to the upgrade team and I’ve sent them the required info via email, so I just have to play the waiting game now and hope the system doesn’t let us down!

Crossing everything…fingers, toes, legs and eyes.

AirborneConstable
    Participant

Hi Andy, hope you get on ok.

Myself and my family are in the same position, could I ask which number you phoned as I need to get on the ball, thank you.

themanthatcan
    Participant

Just got off the phone with the upgrade team and my daughter’s passport should be here either tomorrow or Saturday!

I’m not going to breathe a sigh of relief until I have it in my hands, but that was actually a really quick turnaround considering it was only transferred to them at 10am yesterday.

Good luck to everyone else out there trying to get themselves sorted, keep the faith!

coralp
    Participant

Great News!
    May I ask when did you email them and which office you emailed to?

Still waiting since last Tuesday…..

coralp
    Participant

Also did they mention the return of the supporting documents?
    We need that to be back before our flight as well

Liveinhope
    Participant

Brilliant,

Glad they came through. May I ask which office it was?

Fingers crossed for the rest of us

Liveinhope
    Participant

CoralP – I received my passport on the 30th March (awaiting upgrade for my son’s) and still haven’t received my wedding certificate back.

Hopefully if you get through to the upgrade team they might be able to return them sooner

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.