Urgent travel & escalating application on compassionate grounds.

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Urgent travel & escalating application on compassionate grounds.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ndl.alex0608
    Participant

Hi. Does anyone have any experience escalating their application on compassionate grounds? I’ve spoken to Advice Line and was given an email address to send documents as evidence to the compassionate team at the Peterborough office.

I’ve sent my nan’s death certificate, and even my dad’s certificate just to prove our family connection, to that email address but have not heard anything back. It’s been a few days since.

What happens after they receive our evidence?

applewine
    Participant

My father in law is ill at the moment, I needed my passport fast tracked, I too was given the email address in Liverpool to send translated medical evidence, my evidence was ignored, the a week after sending evidence I got an email asking me to send evidence! It was a joke. I have finally got through and someone who fast tracked it. Make sure they send it to local print as my passport was printed this morning and only went to local print yesterday after being pulled out of Central print and sat there for days. Speak to the customer care management team, don’t bother with the advice line.

ndl.alex0608
    Participant

@applewine @ applewine
    Hi,
    Thank you so much. That’s very good to know. I’m sorry to hear about your father in law. Can I ask how you contacted the customer care management team, please? All I could find online is the advice line. I also tried that number that some people on here have been calling (0300 123 1973) but one person had a very agitated tone “How did you get this number?”. I’ve gotten a bit scared since so haven’t tried that number again.

applewine
    Participant

Hi, thats the correct number. If you explain your phoning regarding a compassionate urgent case, they don’t normally ask how you got the number and they shouldn’t be asking that as they are there to help with this. It depends on who you speak to. They can also send a message to the urgent and compassionate team to ring you. So don’t be fobbed off. It took me a number of attempts to speak to someone helpful. I spoke to a lady on Thursday. As mine had already been stuck in processing for 3 weeks, it had come to the top of the pile and was processed last Monday and approved and sent to printing last Tuesday, unfortunately as the urgent/compassionate team had ignored my paperwork the application was processed as standard and sent to Central print which any urgent applications should be sent to local print. It has now been printed, I am now waiting for a call back to see if its possible for me to collect, however the team have reassured me there are no delivery hold ups from local print. I fly in a few days…

ndl.alex0608
    Participant

@applewine
    Oh wow, you must be on fire right now 🙁 I hope you get yours in time for the flight. Sounds like you’ve gone through quite a bit to push it. I’ve seen guideline documents on gov.uk for HMPO examiners to formally give passports to customers who want to collect their passports in person, so fingers crossed that won’t be too difficult for you.

It’s been exactly a month since my application got delivered, it was marked as ‘document received’ only two weeks ago and hasn’t even gone into processing yet. It was only before this past weekend that I heard about my nan so I’ve been doing everything I can to push this. I got through to someone who was rather helpful today after almost 2 hours on wait, I explained the situation and told him which day last week I had sent the evidence to the email address I was given. He said somebody should have contacted me by now, but since no one has he’ll get in touch with the examiner of my application to enquire about it.

ndl.alex0608
    Participant

Anyone else had any experience on this? x

Djlittle
    Participant

You need to call them back – that’s awful they’ve not got back in contact since receiving your evidence – Try the number ending 1973 again – keep trying to get through on the phone – it will be a long wait but hang on – don’t be put off by rudeness – that’s their issue not yours – just tell them someone in customer services gave you that number if they ask again. Wishing you the very best.

Nicola123
    Participant

I have had a similar experience at Liverpool. Applied 14th February for my daughters renewal and provided a Doctors letter on 31st March to speed up the process. I have since been asked for this evidence twice and emailed it 8 times. Despite this it went for central printing and is awaiting delivery from TNT since the 7th. We have been told there is nothing they can do until we get tracking information from TNT. We travel on Tuesday 12th. Is it worth me calling this number? This entire experience had been so stressful and upsetting. Good luck to you

sio1982
    Participant

My issue seems trivial compared to what you must be going through, is the number ending in 1973 just for compassionate grounds?

ndl.alex0608
    Participant

@Nicola123 @sio1982
    It’s not just compassionate grounds, I don’t think so at least. Someone mentioned it’s for the Customer Care Management Team. So if you have ongoing delays/issues I think it’s worth a shot. The latest few people that I’ve been speaking to have been quite helpful.

foxtrotlady
    Participant

I would try ringing the general help line and ask then to check they have been received. Also ask what to do next.

dscott29
    Participant

I applied for my daughters first passport she’s aged 1, originally planned on travelling end of summer when kids back at school. Sent application 9th of June on the 20th updated as received condiments. The 26th of June o was given terrible new my grandmother who lives over seas is on palliative care and I need to get over with my daughter to say goodbye as soon as possible. I contacted the passport office on the 27th told would get a call back within 48hours and didn’t till the Wednesday evening over 72hours but on Tuesday the 28th I rang again and asked to speak to a manger as being passed around. Got give the Liverpool email to send a email about the situation and request a companionate upgrade within 48hours no response till Friday 1st July asking for evidence, I got a letter emailed from my grandad which I sent that evening. Monday the 4th July rang again and told them heard nothing and currently waiting on call back we travel on the 10th July. Any advice from anyone? What should I do to speed this up?

vsn22
    Participant

For UC cases (Urgent Compassionate cases), your best bet would be to go to the passport office dealing with your application (going to other offices may not be helpful as you may have to wait for hours/days to get the passport application approved by the office dealing with it) and request them. You may not need to stand in a queue as long as you have some documentation like medical certificate/death certificate or something relevant to your circumstances. If you are there by morning 7am, you should be out with your passport by 11am other things being ok. (I say 7am, so that you maybe ahead in the queue. Normally, they will let you in around 8-8.30am).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.