Using expired passport number on child applications

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Using expired passport number on child applications

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pickles22
    Participant

I’ve applied to renew my passport and one child; and applied for one first child. On the children’s applications I put the passport number from my expired passport (I just didn’t think at the time to put husband’s down which is still valid!). My adult renewal has now been approved and therefore given a new number. I’m now wondering whether there will be any issues with the child applications as the passport number I provided will now be incorrect/(old). Is the system clever enough to recognise that I did provide the passport number I had at the time and that it has just been changed or will it be a case of ‘computer says no’ as it doesnt now match up? Thank you in advance.

jespop30
    Participant

I put my expired passport number down, one 2 kid renewals and 1 child’s first, even after my passport was approved and there were no issues, I would not worry.

bmor84
    Participant

I did the same. Still waiting for my daughters renewal been shown a processing since 24th Feb.

Pickles22
    Participant

Thank you for your replies. I’m pleased to say the child renewal has been approved, just waiting for printing.

bmor84
    Participant

Did it take long? Still waiting for my daughters. Processing since 24th Feb.

Pickles22
    Participant

No, application put in on 6th March, took a while for docs to be recorded as received (16th March) then approved on 18th.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.