Webchat – help (might be a stupid question)

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Webchat – help (might be a stupid question)

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    brussels83
    Participant

Wonder if anyone can help with their experience of Webchat, I’m not sure if this is a stupid question but I don’t really understand how it works… I refresh until it allows me to input my details and I start a chat.. I then get a screen saying all agents are busy.. I can wait etc, etc, at this point I’m not sure if I’m suppose to sit and wait till it connects me to someone as the screen doesn’t update or keep refreshing or at this point has it just had enough and it’ll just sit there and never change.. a little like my sons renewal application?

Thanks in advance

davbell87
    Participant

If found if you get the screen with just the text in the middle saying you may want to come back later, that’s it.. never goes through to an agent.

If it goes to a screen that looks like a chat window with “waiting for agent” in a grey box at the top, wait as one usually says hi after about 10 minutes.

Tip off here: when you get the link to go through, don’t add all your details. Just add you name and email as quickly as possible (otherwise it takes too long and someone steals the agent)

brussels83
    Participant

Thank you so much, have been trying to speak to someone for days and that little tip worked first time!

keycolgirl
    Participant

Mine had a wait time 8 mins but I couldnt wait , but I assume there is someone on the end after 8 mins if you do not close the screen

mbond90
    Participant

I just got off a webchat with a bored and unhelpful advisor. After explaining that my first adult passport has been processing for nearly 2 months and stuck in “Processing” for a month he said they are processing and I don’t need to do anything else, (which I can read on my application). He did say he would put an alert on my application advising the examiner of my flight date.

Was he just saying this to get me to go away or does that hold any weight?

Dire service.

davbell87
    Participant

Honestly think it’s just to get you away…. I’ve spoke to web chat a few times and one person says something, then the next webchat person says there is no info on the file and they are not allowed to add notes.

Unless you are due to travel in 14 days time they will not do anything.

mbond90
    Participant

So I just spoke to someone else on webchat who informed me that my application has progressed and is currently being looked at by an examiner since 28th may. How long does this step usually take? I tried asking this but they couldn’t answer.

kskskak
    Participant

Does anyone have a link to this? I can’t find one.

Lplplplp
    Participant

Brussels83, you have to be really quick. I was trying to get through to the webchat last week and it said all agents were busy. I left the page open, came back to it and it allowed me to open a window and put my details in. But by the time I wrote them out agents were busy again.

I tried it a few times and realised you just have to be really quick, so I copy and pasted my message and put all my details in as quick as possible, hit send (or whatever the button says) and it came up and I got through in minutes.

Webchat person wasn’t very helpful, didn’t tell me anything that the tracking didn’t already say.
    Link here kskskak: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-passport-office/contact/hm-passport-office-webchat

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.