What are our options now?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion What are our options now?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    allinginge
    Participant

We applied for my sons first adult passport on April 18th (docs received on the 28th) – he goes on holiday in 2 weeks today and they say he is not eligible for an upgrade as its a first adult and it hasnt been 10 weeks, as they take it when it when was first started to be processed which took them 4 weeks to do

what can i do now please? any advice apart from cross my fingers and hope its processed soon??

nullpointer
    Participant

If I am not mistaken, if he is not applying after naturalisation for his first passport then he will need to do an interview to confirm identity. So yeah, there are chances he may not make it.

allinginge
    Participant

i spoke to someone else who has now put us forward for an upgrade, so fingers crossed

hopefully he doesnt need an interview – hat would really screw things up

travel2022
    Participant

@allinginge we are in a similar situation, which number did you call? and which office did you send your documents to? any information would be very welcome

allinginge
    Participant

i called 0300 105 0850 – this was number was on here in another chat (i sat on hold for 90 minutes as didnt call until 830am) – im not sure if he was trying to get rid of me and we are not actually allowed to upgrade at all ;-0

my passport was with durham so send my proof of travel to them – although was told we wont know until just before – its going to be a long 12days as we wait for an update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.