When do we get the supporting documents back?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion When do we get the supporting documents back?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gijo
    Participant

Can anyone please help me telling how long will it take to get back the supporting document? I paid extra 5 for secure post.

I got my child’s first passport on 22nd October. I am still waiting for the supporting documents.

whollis
    Participant

Do you have any update? I got my passport on the 8th of November and am still waiting for my supporting documents. I did pay the £5 secure extra as well. Does anyone know how we can contact someone as I need to travel by end of week and don’t want to go to the US embassy to get an emergency passport.

alix
    Participant

I also would like to know if you have an update, please! Got my British passport on 11/11 and still have not heard anything about the original/supporting documents (although i also paid extra for secure return).
    Thanks!

rh1989
    Participant

I am in a similar situation – I received my first UK passport on 29 October & still have not got my supporting documents back (also paid the £5) – so I appear to be the longest here, going on 3 weeks, and travelling to my birth country in <2 weeks… So rather stressful as you need to entry that country on your home passport. Any idea if there is a way to expedite or follow-up, or do others have any timing experience they can share?

whollis
    Participant

I don’t know if you can see my reply to the other person but they are saying it can take up to 3 weeks AFTER you have received your UK passport. They are not very good at trying to figure out if it even left their office.

ClownCar
    Participant

Have any of you got your documents back?

I’m in the same boat. We’re due to fly on 14 December. Got my UK passport renewed, but now I need my US passport back. I called the passport office today, and they said it could take up to two months from when they’ve issued the new passport. They have no way of tracking where the supporting documents are or how when they’ll be sent back.

I really don’t want to have to apply for an emergency passport, but cancelling the trip is not an option.

Thanks in advance.

rh1989
    Participant

3 weeks for supporting docs after passport for me

DoctorClifford
    Participant

New passport arrived yesterday.
    Old passport arrived today.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.