Hi, How Can We Help You?

When do you get supporting documents back?

When do you get supporting documents back?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion When do you get supporting documents back?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    robato
    Participant

Hello! We are getting a child’s passport renewed and sent in both the current UK and Japanese passports to HMPO. Royal Mail and online tracking says “document received” for about a week now.

Question is, when do they return the “supporting documents”, as we also want to renew the Japanese passport but obviously can’t if HMPO decide to sit on it.

annelouise
    Participant

Hello, I am also wondering. I received the new passport 2 weeks ago but still no sign of the old documents.
    Is it normal?

robato
    Participant

I paid the £5 for secure return of documents but I’m still waiting for the new passports to arrive. Hoping everything will be here next week. Will update when I get it. 2 weeks sounds a bit slow but hard to say with COVID.

robato
    Participant

Still waiting for my documents to be returned but got a reply from HMPO:

In response to the latest corona virus measures relating to social distancing and necessary travel, HM Passport Office has reduced its staffing levels to ensure that these measures are followed.

As a result of this, HMPO is currently focused on getting new applications on to the system and have de-prioritised the return of supporting documents. However, HMPO is aiming to have any outstanding supporting documents returned in the next 2/3 weeks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.