When is the 10 weeks from?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion When is the 10 weeks from?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pezza1
    Participant

Hi there I completed a children’s renewal passport application by post office check and send on Saturday 30 April just before the Bank Holiday but only received a text confirming receipt on 13 May. When does the 10 weeks start from – is it the day I received the text? Also I have lost my unique reference number so I cannot track where things are up – is there any way I can obtain this reference number? Thank you.

wanting3
    Participant

I believe the 10 weeks starts from when you get the documents received notification as that’s when they can start processing your application. If you applied using the check and send you should have an email or text with your PEX number on it.

pezza1
    Participant

Brilliant thank you – who would the e-mail or text be from? I am pretty sure I don’t have it in a text as the only one I have had is from HM Passport confirming receipt. Thanks again.

wanting3
    Participant

Mine were from hm passport as soon as I sent the application. Was yours a digital check and send? When you get a text from them it usually contains your PEX number and a link to track your application. That’s what I got with the documents received text. I also got an email at the same time. These would be sent to the contacts provided on the form

pezza1
    Participant

Thanks no unfortunately I used the old school option and did paper check and send.

userleft
    Spectator

Same question please but I’d like scientific answer and not assumption if possible. This cannot be found anywhere on line. Everything say wait 10 weeks but when do the 10 weeks start? Think it should be from when documents received at the passport office. They do state that there is a delay between receiving your documents and adding the ‘processing’ bit to the on line tracker. My passport arrived at Liverpoolon 27 April. 10 weeks is 6 July, only days before we fly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.