Which office to go to 48hrs before flying

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Which office to go to 48hrs before flying

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Laura1984
    Participant

Hi,

We’re due to fly on Sat morning, 11th June, my daughters first child application has been at the Liverpool office since 4th April and is still showing as processing. Spoke to a member of the upgrade team on 30th May and sent the email with docs showing proof of flights etc but haven’t received any response other than the automated reply.
    If I don’t hear anything tomorrow then I plan to travel to the passport office on Thursday as we’ll be within the 48hr window but do I need to drive to Liverpool which is a 4 hour journey each way or can I just go to Durham which is a much shorter journey?
    Does anyone know if it will improve my chances of getting the passport if I actually drive to Liverpool?
    Thanks all!

wanting3
    Participant

You can go to your local office. As long as the documents have been scanned onto the system any office can see them.

Laura1984
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, that’s really helpful! Her birth certificate has been showing as received since 20th April so fingers crossed!

maccas5
    Participant

Can you post on here how you get on please after you’ve been. Hope you get it sorted

Laura1984
    Participant

Yes I’ll definitely post an update, thanks I’m keeping everything crossed!

COLANDJO73
    Participant

So is worst case scenario (if they have received all your documents online) to be able to do this 48 hour thing??

Laura1984
    Participant

Just an update, today was 48hrs before my flight on Saturday morning and having heard nothing from the Liverpool Upgrade Team, I travelled to Durham passport office this morning. Arrived about 7.15 and was about 10th in the queue. Got seen about 9.45 and by that time there were another 40 or so people behind me waiting to be seen so definitely worth arriving before 8.

The lady I saw was lovely but said because my application was with the Liverpool office and the upgrade request was already submitted, she could only email them to advise I’d attended today and she said they should call me today but basically I was at the mercy of Liverpool!

I left around 10am and drove home but then received a call from Liverpool at 2pm advising the passport was approved and I could collect it from Durham at 4pm.

Drove back and finally got my daughters passport at 5.15 today! Relief! It’s definitely worth travelling to your local office if your 48hrs from flying, I have no doubt that I wouldn’t have had any joy from the upgrade team without Durham contacting them. Good luck all!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.