Will I get my daughters passort if I turn up to the London Passport Office?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Will I get my daughters passort if I turn up to the London Passport Office?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    emaildrose
    Participant

Really hoping someone can help answer a couple of questions. We’ve been waiting for my 16 year old daughters new passport since 15 May and we’re due to fly this coming Saturday (23rd July). We contacted the passport office two weeks before we fly and we are in the process of being upgraded – we’ve received a couple of call backs asking for various details and we have submitted proof that we are flying on the 23rd three days ago. We are now waiting to be contacted again when we assume they will take payment.

I’m really concerned that we are a week away from travelling and still no sign of the passport. I’ve been informed the passport is being processed in Liverpool. We are based South of Guildford – 200 miles away from Liverpool. I’m considering turning up at my nearest Passport office, London on Monday morning to see if its possible to get the passport there and then. What is the likelihood of that happening? Will I be wasting my time? How likely is it that I will be called back and the passport will be processed and delivered by the 23rd? Thanks in advance for your help and advise!

cj1204
    Participant

Hi I just wondered if you had any luck just going to the London Office I’m in the same situation I have been waiting 11 weeks and fly on Sunday. I am not getting any call backs or response to emails.
    I hope you managed to get yours.

emaildrose
    Participant

I’m afraid we didn’t have any luck. We turned up but were told they couldn’t help us until 48 hours before we fly and that we would need an appointment so we had to go back home empty handed. We had some good news though – someone rang us last night at 8pm, took payment and booked us in to collect our passport at 10am on Wednesday. The phone call was a few hours after we contacted our MP by email to ask him to intervene – I’m not sure if this was purely by chance but I would recommend contacting them in case.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.