Will I get passports in time for my kids?

Home Forums General Travel Will I get passports in time for my kids?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gsamp
    Participant

So my wife and I booked a villa in Portugal and then realised our two kids’ (11 and 13) passports expire a few days before the (three months after traveling) date which they must still be valid on.

I’ve been reloading the website for an appointment all week to no avail and I’m starting to panic.

Is there anything else we could be doing? Would it be insane just to turn up at the airport and hope for the best? Would it be crazy just to turn up at the passport office (Glasgow)? We managed to speak to someone there who said they could help us but only if we get an appointment.

I’ve had to cancel three holidays in three years due to brain cancer treatment/COVID. As unlikely as it seems, my wife was also diagnosed with a brain tumour at the end of last year, so yes we really need this holiday.

wanting3
    Participant

I’m sorry things have been tough the last few years and I hope your wife is doing well. You won’t be seen at a passport office unless you already have an application in and it’s at least at status documents received or have an appointment at the office. When do you travel? You won’t be eligible for an upgrade if your application hasn’t been in for at least 6 weeks and travelling within 2 weeks. Personally, I wouldn’t risk turning up to the airport either. Realistically you won’t be able to travel. Would it not be possible to rearrange your travel date?

Gsamp
    Participant

Ok, thank you, we’re planning to travel on the 26th. The place is booked out all summer. This is the third time in a row I’ve had to cancel a holiday. Ridiculous.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.