Worrying passport application 2.5 weeks to travel – advice needed please

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Worrying passport application 2.5 weeks to travel – advice needed please

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    andytyke76
    Participant

We originally applied for my daughters passport. In plenty of time and received it after about 3 weeks. Problem is the currier ignored the mail box on the wall at side of door and the sign to use it and decided to post the passport through the letter box into the mouths of 2 waiting dogs. Result a ruined passport.

We called up for advice and was told to re apply but also told we would get an urgent call back within 72 hours to advice better. We wasted valuable time fir a call that never came so just re applied. Got update documents received 5 days later on June 4th and nothing since.

Helpline not been very helpful. Have told us to call again as when it’s 2 weeks and may be able to fast track but not guaranteed.

I believe this upgrade is if applied more than 6 weeks ago. Obviously this wasn’t possible for us. Has anyone managed to upgrade their application after applying less than 6 weeks. How successful is this upgrade service.

Thanks

andytyke76
    Participant

Daughters passport arrived today. so that’s 2 passports for the same person arrived within the 10 week time frame.

waited until exactly 2 weeks before flight then called the management team on 0300 105 0850 explained the situation. This was Friday and at this point the status was still old passport received.

They didn’t know which office passport was at but gave me email for nearest upgrade team which was Liverpool I sent email but never got acknowledged. We also put a complaint in Sunday night about our passport getting damaged and still being treat same as people who apply late. Monday the status was updated to passport approved then 2 days later passport printed.

Can now look forward to Holiday,

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by andytyke76.
    Eskimo32
    Participant

Glad you got sorted eventually and can enjoy your holiday. Gives everyone else who is still anxiously waiting a bit of hope. Can I ask how you complained, is there a link somewhere? Thanks!

andytyke76
    Participant

sorry this reply may be a bit late, but I complained via the online passports enquiry form and selected complaint as the title from the drop down list. They did get in touch before passport was posted and again after we had received it

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-passport-office/about/complaints-procedure

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.