Reply To: Child's renewal

Home Forums COVID-19 Child's renewal Reply To: Child's renewal

Zobi71
Participant

Hello,
Here’s my timeline. We had planned to have a passport renewed (due to expire in June)for a departure at Easter (that was early March then Covid came in)—so we postponed the Eurotunnel from Easter to Summer, as well as the rooms booked and enjoyed the weather here.
Then when I thought I would take the opportunity to have the passport done…but the message was clear: Applications could only be submitted for emergencies so I waited, waited that they removed that message- I played the game after all. The situation got somehow better. Early June, you could start visiting some places and stuff but still no change for the restrictions to apply.
When June 15th came up, the fact we could go to the zoo but yet could not still apply for a passport….I thought “Hold on there…I’ll call”- I said I had been patient, that we’re both parents from outside the UK and we wanted to visit family badly. “OK, just apply” was the answer.
So I applied on June 15th, did the ID confirmation on the 16th. On the 17th June, I posted the old passport to Petersborough.
It never appeared as signed for, NEVER…so after 10 days, I called them(HM) and asked them what to do because they were supposed to receive the old one and I did send it but RM had lost it…Anyways, I got sent a form online to fill to declare it lost and they proceeded with it. Pretty smooth on this one I guess. The passport is blue if that is of any interest to anyone and it took 2 days to arrive.I am aware I am very lucky on this one and I wish you all the best if you are waiting for yours but my understanding is that it is not in their interest to get a huge backlog/mails to answers/phones calls to respond to.

Passport printed and sent 1:36pm on 6 July 2020
Application approved 3:09pm on 3 July 2020
Application being processed 1:37pm on 1 July 2020
Documents received 2:24pm on 29 June 2020
Application received 3:05pm on 17 June 2020
Identity details received 3:05pm on 17 June 2020
Email sent to person confirming your identity 1:03pm on 15 June 2020
Ask someone to confirm your identity 12:09pm on 15 June 2020
Application submitted 12:09pm on 15 June 2020

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Zobi71.