Child's renewal

Home Forums COVID-19 Child's renewal

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    barni74
    Participant

I applied for a child’s renewal online on the 23rd May, text on 29th May to say expired passport received by Peterborough Office. Status has been ‘processing’ since 3rd June. Phoned the office yesterday to chase and was advised that all documents were sent and received by the Newport office on 3rd June as minimal staff at Peterborough (if this is the case why did they specify documents to go to Peterborough?). Holiday which we thought would be cancelled is now going ahead as planned on 18th July and looking less and less likely I will the receive the passport by then. Son turns 16 on 28th July, chances are we will miss the holiday (no refund will apply) and I will be contacted after the 28th to ask for additional fees to cover an adults passport and to complete a new application – when I asked this question yesterday; frustratingly, I was just advised ‘yes this is a possibility’.

Lynn1978
    Participant

I was one day in front of you for it all. I got approved yesterday. Peterborough too. Fingers crossed you hear Mon. Have you tweeted them? I was advised to do this and was approved a couple of days after my tweet. Not sure if coincidental

Daddybear35
    Participant

Approved thank goodness

MrsM1982
    Participant

barni74 your timeline is exactly the same as mine, I was also told to send to Peterborough and they are being dealt with at Newport.
    We are also traveling on the 18th July and so anxious we will loose our money.
    I’ve tried direct messages on twitter 3 times now, they have noted our date of travel but said they can’t guarantee anything!

I’ve called about 4 times and each time nobody can give an update.

I emailed our MP on Thursday evening to see if they can help and they are trying to, fingers crossed that works.

barni74
    Participant

Thankfully, I’ve had a text today to say it’s been approved and is now being printed. Hope that’s good news for anyone else who is waiting – won’t be happy until I have receipt of the new one, but it’s definitely a step in the right direction.

LEMC80
    Participant

My child’s paaapoet was approved 36 hours ago and is yet to be printed, has anyone experienced this before ? My other children were same day

AndyH
    Participant

We are going away on 1 August and my wife realised last night that our daughters passport expired in February. With Covid and many other things going on we forgot to check, completely our fault . Current status below:

Application received 11:06am on 1 July 2020
    Identity details received 11:05am on 1 July 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 10:45am on 1 July 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 10:09am on 1 July 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 10:06am on 1 July 2020
    Application submitted 10:06am on 1 July 2020

Expired passport has been sent to the Durham office, next day delivery although the post office said it is likely to be friday before it arrives.

Fingers crossed!!!

JLW43
    Participant

AndyH I am in the exact same boat as you. Also travelling on 1st Aug, also realised my child’s passport had run out in February, massive face palm moment.

I am a couple of days ahead of you though. I submitted my application and did all the necessary things on Friday 26th June. Sent old passport also to Durham by Track and trace. My progress is saying they have not received it yet but the royal mail tracking said it was signed for on Monday morning at 8am. Giving it 1 more day before I ring to find out where it is.

I will update with any progress so hopefully that helps.

AndyH
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll keep you posted too. I’ll be ringing on Monday assuming it has been signed for by then. From reading other thread, Durham seems to be pretty good, although not getting my hopes up.

I spoke to a couple of advisers at HMPO earlier to check a few things and they were all helpful and there wasn’t a waiting time

Yasmine
    Participant

Hi @AndyH and @JLW43

Durham have about a 6 day processing time from when they receive your documents to when they are processed and added to your account. This is my progress so far with my application.

First Child Passport Application :

(Contacted my local MP the morning of the 1 July 2020 – They got back to me within 30 minutes letting me know they have emailed the passport office.)

Application approved
    12:38pm on 1 July 2020
    Application being processed
    12:53pm on 25 June 2020
    Documents received
    9:02am on 25 June 2020
    (19 June 2020 Royal Mail confirmed documents were signed for)
    Application received
    11:13am on 18 June 2020
    Identity details received
    11:13am on 18 June 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity
    10:54am on 18 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity
    10:47am on 18 June 2020
    Application submitted
    10:47am on 18 June 2020

jamesd1974
    Participant

I posted 4 child Renewals on Thursday 25th June and they received and signed for on Friday 26th June (special delivery) and still as of now not showing on system 2 went to Durham 1 peterbough and 1 Glasgow was told on Twitter passport people to allow 7 days to show up which is up tommorow

Yasmine
    Participant

@Jamesd1974 Hopefully they appear soon! Up until my date it was taking 6 days to processed documents, I spoke to a girl who applied a little after me and her documents have not been put on her account yet either, I think they are going through bursts of getting some done quickly, followed by a delay.

jamesd1974
    Participant

Mine have gone to 3 different offices not
    Holding my breath as
    Carnt see all of
    Them
    Having the same
    Time
    Frame Issues

AndyH
    Participant

Hi @Yasmine. What did you say to your MP? I think this is something i’ll have to do to have a chance of getting my daughters passport in time.

I wonder what the time will be between approval and receiving the passport.

Yasmine
    Participant

Hi @AndyH I let them know it was emergency travel, I did not go into any specifics but I had the documentation ready incase they asked, however they did not ask, which shows anyone could email they MP’s and say anything.

I recommend you email your MP, I believe it helps a lot of people.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 195 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.